(Let's make a) MASTER LIST of 5.1 Singles and/or Bonus Tracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Just to have for a reference, I'd like to create a list of all of the single release 5.1 bonus or single tracks that got released since the SACD/DVD-A era began. Surround tracks that did not show up on a full album. They can be SACD, DVD-A, Dolby Digital, DTS, whatever, as long as they are surround.

[NOTE: This list should not include 5.1 tracks from video DVDs (unless it was a single 5.1 track on a bonus DVD sold with a CD (like "Fine Line")]

For example, to start:

ROLLING STONES: Sympathy for the Devil
PAUL McCARTNEY: Fine Line
EAGLES: Hole in the World
NEIL YOUNG: A Day in the Life (Live)

Please help my aging brain and reply to this thread with other tracks I either forgot about or never knew about, and I will update this list as time goes on.

THANK YOU for your support! :banana:

ELP's 'Lucky Man' was a bonus track on "Brain Salad Surgery" DVD-A.

Some of you may have heard it. :)

Would that count ?

I'm not sure if this counts, but there is a dts bonus 5.1 mix of the song "Who Are You?" on the Who's The Kids Are Alright DVD.

Deep Purple - Machine Head SACD includes the single "When A Blind Man Cries", which was ommited from the previous releases.

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection SACD includes the orignal version of "Madman Across The Water", which is very different from the offical release.

Yes - Fragile DVD-A has the bonus track "America"

Foreigner s/t includes demo versions of "Feels Like The First Time", "Woman Oh Woman", "At War With The World", & "Take Me To Your Leader".

Jackons Browne - Running On Empty DVD-A; bonus tracks: "Cocaine Again" & "Edwardsville Room 124"

Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell 5.1 SACD includes live version of "Great Beleros of Fire/Bat Out of Hell"

I don't think I understood. These don't count since they appeared on full 5.1 releases...right?

Last edited:
Whereabouts ?

On disc two of the "Special Edition" of The Kids Are Alright DVD, there is a section on the menu called "It's Hard" which is a series of rather difficult Who trivia questions. If you answer all 21 of them, you are rewarded with a 5.1 mix of the studio version of "Who Are You".

Luckily, there is a shortcut to having to answer the questions every time to hear the mix. First highlight the "It's Hard" menu section, then click the left arrow button on your remote six (6) times.

I didn't realize it until now but the mix turns out to be in dolby digital. Disc one let's you choose either dts or dd, but disc two doesn't (unless I'm missing something...?).

I have a Hiromi cd that came with a bonus dvd, that has 1 video, and the same album as the cd in DTS 96/24. the video is dts/dd. The same album was released as a sacd also. " Spiral" does that count?:confused:

On disc two of the "Special Edition" of The Kids Are Alright DVD, there is a section on the menu called "It's Hard" which is a series of rather difficult Who trivia questions. If you answer all 21 of them, you are rewarded with a 5.1 mix of the studio version of "Who Are You".

Luckily, there is a shortcut to having to answer the questions every time to hear the mix. First highlight the "It's Hard" menu section, then click the left arrow button on your remote six (6) times.

I didn't realize it until now but the mix turns out to be in dolby digital. Disc one let's you choose either dts or dd, but disc two doesn't (unless I'm missing something...?).

That expalins it. I only have the single disc edition.

Thanks for the info though.

Cheers.

DVD-A Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
Silver Springs

SACD Bonus Tracks:
Carole King – Tapestry
Out In The Cold
Smackwater Jack (LIVE)

SACD Elton John S/T
Bad Side of the Moon
Grey Seal
Rock n Roll Madonna

SACD Honky Château
Slave (Alternate version)

SACD Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Whenever You’re Ready (We’ll Go Steady Again)
Jack Rabbit
Screw You (Young Man’s Blues)
Candle In The Wind (Acoustic)

SACD Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
One Day At A Time
Philadelphia Freedom

Silver Springs

SACD Bonus Tracks:
Carole King – Tapestry
Out In The Cold
Smackwater Jack (LIVE)

SACD Elton John S/T
Bad Side of the Moon
Grey Seal
Rock n Roll Madonna

SACD Honky Château

Jack Rabbit

One Day At A Time
Philadelphia Freedom

You nailed them !!!

Well, those are good. But I was thinking more along the lines of songs that may get lost or overlooked. Bonus tracks on normal released SACDs and DVD-A's, like "Lucky Man" and the Elton extra tracks are not going to get "lost" because they are on a real surround product to begin with. (Although we are TOTALLY glad (and amazed) that we got them!) :D

I was thinking more along the lines of stuff that is a "one"-of, like the tracks I listed in the first post.

These others would make up a good second list of bonus songs, especially since songs like "Lucky Man" have been since removed from later releases of the parent title (SACD).

Silver Springs

SACD Bonus Tracks:
Carole King – Tapestry
Out In The Cold
Smackwater Jack (LIVE)

SACD Elton John S/T
Bad Side of the Moon
Grey Seal
Rock n Roll Madonna

SACD Honky Château

Jack Rabbit

One Day At A Time
Philadelphia Freedom

Thanks tootull!

Ooo. Makes me want to revisit these titles! :phones

How non-mainstream can we go? The bonus DVD that came with Mike Keneally's album "Dog" has a 5.1 mix of the song "Physics."

J. D.

I have only one 5.1 single.

Bjork - Cocoon - DD5.1 DVD video single, PAL side 1, NTSC side 2, DD2.0 also on disc

vinylguy4

Father and Daughter...by Paul Simon from the movie "The Wild Thornberrys"

Until... by Sting.... from that Hugh Jackman /Meg Ryan film "Kate and Leopold."....the Sting track plays over the closing credits in surround and it's not available anywhere else (it is complete)

1. Alan Parson's "Valid Path" Dual Disc ( Dolby and DTS 5.1) - there is an Easter Egg (appropriate for today :D). Go to the Discography section - highlight the album artwork for "Time Machine" - hit play and a video for the title track plays with a 5.1 discrete mix. There are 2 other eggs but in 2.0 only.

2. Marillion's concert DVD "Somewhere In London" has 4 bonus surround mixes (Dolby 5.1) from the studio album "Somewhere Else." Never released (AFAIK) as a complete surround title. The tracks (audio only) are;

"The Wound"
"A Voice From The Past"
"No Such Thing"
"Somewhere Else"

A band most have never heard of (myself included) by the name of "Full on the Mouth" had a single of their song "People Mover" in both stereo and 5.1 dd.

Attachments

• Full on the Mouth 1small.jpg
    Full on the Mouth 1small.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 541
  • Full on the Mouth 2 small.jpg
    Full on the Mouth 2 small.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 535
Bjork - Cocoon - DD5.1 DVD video single, PAL side 1, NTSC side 2, DD2.0 also on disc

All 5 of the Bjork singles from Volta (Earth Intruders, Declare Independence, Innocence, Wanderlust, and The Dull Flame Of Desire) came with 2 12"s, a CD, and a DVD with the music video. I assume the DVDs include a 5.1 mix.

Children Of Bodom - Trashed, Lost, And Strung Out DVD EP (two 5.1 videos, two 5.1 studio tracks, and two 5.1 live videos)

Children Of Bodom - In Your Face DVD Single (5.1 video)

Iron Madien - Wildest Dreams DVD Single (5.1 video, two 5.1 studio tracks)

Iron Maiden - Rainmaker DVD Single (5.1 video, two 5.1 live tracks)

These are all PAL DVDs. I have the Children Of Bodom ones so I know they are Dolby Digital. I believe the Iron Maidens are DD and DTS, but I cannot confirm this myself.

Back