Anathema - Weather Systems (limited edition CD/DVDA)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw your point. you don't got mine.
of course nice, detailed description would do the best. problem arise that mainly there aren't such descriptions.
it can be band not known to me or anyone else thus i have no idea what is their discography or tour's history.
typical let say: band pink crap "live in shit town" DVD-Audio 5.1 surround DTS 96/24, advanced stereo, extra shit.
that's all.
now be guess, what in the hell they are selling - DVD-Audio, DVD-Video with audio only (but lossy in surround mix),
DVD-Video with live video???
there are some categories: LP, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, etc.
nobody's putting an CD into category of LP or SACD into category of DVD-Audio. but go to amazon or any other
similar retailer and type the search for DVD-Audio. you'll get very long list of thousands titles from which less
than 10% actually will be DVD-Audio.
in regards of marking, there are none to differentiate the live sound recording from live video. DTS can be in both.
thus perhaps labels should adopt some marking to distinct such DVD with audio only as a main content, from DVD-Video
and DVD-Audio

I actually own "Live in Shit Town." Steve Wilson mix. Very discrete center. :)

I get your point. Not worth arguing about further.

i saw your point. you don't got mine.
of course nice, detailed description would do the best. problem arise that mainly there aren't such descriptions.
it can be band not known to me or anyone else thus i have no idea what is their discography or tour's history.
typical let say: band pink crap "live in shit town" DVD-Audio 5.1 surround DTS 96/24, advanced stereo, extra shit.
that's all.
now be guess, what in the hell they are selling - DVD-Audio, DVD-Video with audio only (but lossy in surround mix),
DVD-Video with live video???
there are some categories: LP, CD, SACD, DVD-Audio, etc.
nobody's putting an CD into category of LP or SACD into category of DVD-Audio. but go to amazon or any other
similar retailer and type the search for DVD-Audio. you'll get very long list of thousands titles from which less
than 10% actually will be DVD-Audio.
in regards of marking, there are none to differentiate the live sound recording from live video. DTS can be in both.
thus perhaps labels should adopt some marking to distinct such DVD with audio only as a main content, from DVD-Video
and DVD-Audio

My last word on this thread...honestly.
So Otto, by the same token you would therefore be perfectly okay to buy a disc advertised as CD-Audio to discover it is full of MP3 files?
It's the same thing, and your logic could be easily read as "well, it's a CD with audio on it".....

Just curious.

Well, I have it now and the format is even more disappointing. There is only a Dolby Digital 5.1 track :howl, the whole DVD contains less than 200 MB. The music is in the same vein as their previous effort (that was a real DVD-A however), and the mix is OK.
Nevertheless, a missed opportunity as for almost the same cost they could have added (or replaced with) a DTS track (and 24 bit stereo). Now if this would have been Sony I would have expected something like this ... but it's Kscope, that has released a lot of good DVD-A's until recently.

Well, I have it now and the format is even more disappointing. There is only a Dolby Digital 5.1 track :howl, the whole DVD contains less than 200 MB. The music is in the same vein as their previous effort (that was a real DVD-A however), and the mix is OK.
Nevertheless, a missed opportunity as for almost the same cost they could have added (or replaced with) a DTS track (and 24 bit stereo). Now if this would have been Sony I would have expected something like this ... but it's Kscope, that has released a lot of good DVD-A's until recently.

WHAT!!!! Only dullby.... I just ordered this....:howl

What is happening at KScope???? First no DVD-As now no DTS......

I received the CD/DVD also today. I too confirm it only has a Dolby Digital track at 448kbps. I've sent a message to Burning SHed on their Facebook page asking for a refund. I'll let you know what they say.

Write & complain.
Demand a refund, and tell them why.
In the UK, this is false advertising and if the discs contain the DVD-A/V logos, Trading Standards could seize and destroy all stock.

Interesting that the DVD label says "DVD Audio/Video" - see picture.
IMG_1450.jpg

Well, is there any use of that symbol anyone has ever seen that just signifies "this is a DVD," and that's it?

Well, is there any use of that symbol anyone has ever seen that just signifies "this is a DVD," and that's it?

Use of that logo, according to the DVD Forum, is reserved for a proper DVD-Audio/Video hybrid disc, with content in AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.
Trading Standards could order their entire stock destroyed, as this is false advertising - it's essentially a counterfeit DVD-A/V!!!

I also know who did this, and how they got the job, so am absolutely bloody furious about it.

Burning Shed has said I can return the digibook CD/DVD. I forgot to ask who will ultimately pay for the return postage - I'm hoping they'll refund it along with the purchase price + original postage costs.

Use of that logo, according to the DVD Forum, is reserved for a proper DVD-Audio/Video hybrid disc, with content in AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS.
Trading Standards could order their entire stock destroyed, as this is false advertising - it's essentially a counterfeit DVD-A/V!!!

I also know who did this, and how they got the job, so am absolutely bloody furious about it.

Make em pay, Neil. Hide their SR speaker or something. :)

I did a google search on K-Scope and found an e-mail address i contacted and complained direct to them about the Gavin Harrison disc and this one if enough people complain they might do something about it.

They did respond to me as well surprisingly quickly

I've bought this too. What was their response when you complained Fletch?

Hmmmm

So they...

1. They advertise it as a DVD-A, then change it to a DVD-V.
2. State that it has dts on the site but it doesn't.
3. Ship the disc with a DVD-A/V logo.

Not happy....:howl

I've asked burning shed if they plan to re-issue the disc...and highlighted that their site incorrectly lists it as having dts.

Worth a try....

I did a google search on K-Scope and found an e-mail address i contacted and complained direct to them about the Gavin Harrison disc and this one if enough people complain they might do something about it.

They did respond to me as well surprisingly quickly
What email address did you use? One or two weeks ago I email Snapper, parent company of Kscope, as I could not find a direct Kscope address, also to complain about the false advertsing and lack of hi rez on the 05ric/Harisson and Anathema disc ( still thinking it would be DTS ) But did not receive an answer. So if enough people write to the address you used, perhaps we can get some positive change.

Thanks for your effort.

Back