Looking for hi-res scan of SQ album insert

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLJLC

I'm trying to finda higher resolution scan of the art and text on the album insert from the SQ albums. I've tried my own hand at using my scanner, and stitching togther multiple scans (I don't have a large-bed scanner). I tried to link that here if anyone is interested, but it's not that great. Has anyone ever done this themselves with better luck, or seen a scan?

99794567292252871631.jpg

which insert... i have a large bed scanner

I'm trying to get the insert that discusses the SQ encoding process. It starts off "A Record collector's guide to quadraphonic sound." It has a number at the top 2912, don't know if that is on all of them. It has a picture of the groove and stylus. If you have that and could do a full-bed scan, that would be fantastic. Thanks.

Do you mean this one? Or another?

It was actually a previous version of the first one I was looking for. A kind member has sent me a high quality scan of the one I was looking for. These you have are also cool. Wish I had a flat-bed scanner.

FYI - For those who may be interested, and who do not have a large bed scanner of their own. This was recommended on another site, and I've used it fairly successfully. Microsoft Image Composite Editor. Scan you cover art in quarters, and plug it into this, and it will stitch them together very well. Good free software to use if you are stuck with a smaller home scanner.

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/groups/ivm/ice/

Back