Rushisaband.com - Flaws in Sector Box Sets Acknowledged

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A too-rush-ed release? (pun intended).
However... that's no fun: since these multi-disc boxes does cost a big $$$ a bit more control should be done... the two PF immersion releases has been plagued by bad packaging and mastering error too.

At least they sound like they are addressing the issue: "As soon as production is completed a formal announcement of how to replace the discs will follow shortly."

A too-rush-ed release? (pun intended).
However... that's no fun: since these multi-disc boxes does cost a big $$$ a bit more control should be done... the two PF immersion releases has been plagued by bad packaging and mastering error too.

Just the first PF. The second one had the disks in sleeves.

At least they sound like they are addressing the issue: "As soon as production is completed a formal announcement of how to replace the discs will follow shortly."

Love it! Just let us finish making the bad ones, then we'll figure out a way to fix it.

I'm not trying to be negative. It's just a funny statement. I guess that the problem rate isn't high enough to halt production and fix it immediately, no doubt somebody has crunched the numbers.

Love it! Just let us finish making the bad ones, then we'll figure out a way to fix it.

I'm not trying to be negative. It's just a funny statement. I guess that the problem rate isn't high enough to halt production and fix it immediately, no doubt somebody has crunched the numbers.

I thought they meant finishing production for the rectified (good) ones...

Rush just posted this on their facebook page:

Replacement ‘Fly By Night’ CD's and ‘A Farewell To Kings’ DVDs are now available.

For US & Canadian fans, please contact Universal customer services team on:
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 1-800-288-5942

For fans in the UK & Ireland please contact:
UK e-mail: [email protected]
UK Phone: +44 (0) 845 250 0965

For fans in Germany please contact:
Germany e-mail: [email protected]

For fans in any other country please contact your original Sector store where you made the purchase for assistance in getting your replacement discs.
Universal will ensure corrected discs get to the Sector-buying fans worldwide as soon as they possibly can.

I never purchased these what were teh flaws in the discs

Annoying tape hiss sound on the DVD-A. Not sure about the CD since I have never listened to it. By the way, US customers will find there are already several hundred calls in. Customer service for us just found out about this today - so they say. They took down my name and said they would call me back. Great coordination!

Mike

Annoying tape hiss sound on the DVD-A. Not sure about the CD since I have never listened to it. By the way, US customers will find there are already several hundred calls in. Customer service for us just found out about this today - so they say. They took down my name and said they would call me back. Great coordination!

Mike

Mike,

Keep us posted here with your progress. I have to call them, but I think I'll wait a few weeks.

Other than the A Farewell To Kings dvd-audio disk, are there any problems with the other 2 dvd-audio disks. I don't care about the CDs.

And what is the problem with A Farewell To Kings?

Mike,

Keep us posted here with your progress. I have to call them, but I think I'll wait a few weeks.

Mine are in the mail. Hope to see them in a week. Using email is the way to go. They responded within a day confirming my address.

Just out of curiosity did you need to ship the defective disc(s) back?

It gets cost prohibitive for me to ship them back...:(. I'm thinking of not bothering....

I got in touch with Francine Luttrell in the US(cause I bought Sector 2 in amazon.com, which was the only one offering it at the time I ordered) and she told me they're shipping me a a new onw
AND ,
NO
you don't have to send your copy, cause that's where the trouble stemmed from...SENDING A BOX SET TO KENTUCKY FROM SPAIN???? No way!!!

She was very nice, but her grammar made me shudder..I thanked her and she replied "Your welcome"....yikes!

I got in touch with Francine Luttrell in the US(cause I bought Sector 2 in amazon.com, which was the only one offering it at the time I ordered) and she told me they're shipping me a a new onw
AND ,
NO
you don't have to send your copy, cause that's where the trouble stemmed from...SENDING A BOX SET TO KENTUCKY FROM SPAIN???? No way!!!

She was very nice, but her grammar made me shudder..I thanked her and she replied "Your welcome"....yikes!

Yeah but did you have to send back the disc itself?

Back