Quad LP/Tape Poll Nilsson, Harry: Nilsson Schmilsson [CD-4/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Nilsson Schmilsson"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
Man I'd sure love to hear a QR of this album

Last edited:
Where is the thread on "Pussy Cats"? That mix is just as good, it is produced by Lennon, and has Ringo and Moon drumming on the last track. Is it considered inferior musically, or is it just rare in the quad circles. Actually "listend" to it today for the first time, and I thaught it was excellent...

My favorite quad mix ever, even ahead of the AP DSOTM. Everyone cites "Jump Into the Fire", but I particularly love how the strings in "Without You" benefit from the extra separation.

Here's the liner notes in both stereo and quad. Note: They put "Without You" on side one of the quad album. I never realized that Gary Wright "Dream Weaver" was on this album. Not George Harrison though. Nilsson did collaborate with Ringo on "The Point" & "Son Of Dracula soundtrack" and John Lennon on "Pussy Cats".

Aquadad

Ringo also played on several "Son of Schmilsson" tracks credited as "Richie Snare".

It's kind of shocking how many of us die in our fifties of heart attacks. I had a rather mild one in 2007 at age 54 but they put a stent in and fine since.

BTW, in the quad version, the drum solo is actually Jim Gordon AND another drummer. The other drummer had already been recorded and the recording was allowed to play while Gordon did his. I suspected this to be the case even before I knew it for sure. There are things going on I thought impossible for one drummer to do, even if Jim Gordon was one of the best.

And, I still like the quad version better than the stereo.

Doug

Just listened to this as I’ve recently been obsessed with Nilsson having just been introduced to him. Been listening to the MOFI SACD a lot and finally heard the quad and WOW🤩🤩🤩🤩.

The separation and placement of instruments, vocal effects, double tracks, etc are amazing, hearing so much I could not single out on the stereo mix. Here’s to hoping DV gets a release of this on SACD!

Back