• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

ENOCH THE RAD Quad tapes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply, but if tapes are used there is no way to ensure that the tape brand is the same as the reels they are spooled onto. Some tape formulations do not age well, and they can cause a lot of tape deck problems ... especially if they were stored improperly.

I will pass.

I would like to learn about "tape formulations and tape deck problems".

Hi. mlrocker

I favor Maxell but TDK,BASF are good to go no problems with these tapes, Maxell might be a dearer tape but I think is the best if you want overall quality.

Cool, thanks. I have run into that squeel problem on some tapes, I just unload those tapes and move on to the next one. So it looks like Maxell, TDK, and BASF are the best choices then. I do clean and demag as needed.

Hi. mlrocker

I favor Maxell but TDK,BASF are good to go no problems with these tapes, Maxell might be a dearer tape but I think is the best if you want overall quality.

From henceforth, I will supply only these branded tapes for any of my recordings requested of me in this here QQ !

From henceforth, I will supply only these branded tapes for any of my recordings requested of me in this here QQ !

As I posted earlier, if a tape reel has been purchased used, there is no way that you can be sure that the tape and the reel are from the same tape brand or formulation. All you can know is that the empty reel contained that tape formulation at one time. Used blank reels are a crap-shoot at best.

Some people rightfully avoid certain tapes, and there is nothing to stop an unethical eBay seller from selling those tapes on different empty reels to unload it on unsuspecting buyers. I have run into this before, so I no longer buy blank reels on eBay. Let's face it, eBay is not the place that it used to be.

technical_difficulties.png

Hi Enoch,

I would like to sample your four channel talents . I'm in Chicago. Anything coming my way?

FLAC versions are available on all ENOCH THE RAD tapes! I've been making them available on facebook for free if you know where to look.

Right now the reel to reel tapes are $6.95 on EBAY. :banana::cool:

Back