CD-4 10" Record - Scans included

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
One of the biggest Quad collectors ON THIS EARTH sent me some info and scans of this ultra-rare CD-4 10" record for me to share with the forum. Here's what he said about it:

"I am attaching scans of probably the rarest CD-4 disc around, and one of the only 10 inch diameter modern discs at all, when did you last see or hear of a 10 inch record in stereo even?"

Here's a peek at it:

Hitachi GES-2100 10 inch diameter CD-4 test album pic 1.jpg
Hitachi GES-2100 10 inch diameter CD-4 test album pic 2.jpg
Hitachi GES-2100 10 inch diameter CD-4 test album pic 3.jpg
Hitachi GES-2100 10 inch diameter CD-4 test album pic 4.jpg

I also have the same cover 10 inch LP
from HITACHI but it is in (QS?) matrix
there is also a 7 in Quad Matrix with the same cover

Quad 10" is rare, but there have been alot of stereo 10" records around...mainly from A & M such as the 2 x10" set of The Police regatta de blanc

and some Susan Vega 10" ep's

Flowers (Icehouse) Can't Help Myself

and just recently another one in a rolling stones box

Harrrrumph! It's not 10" anyway. More like 9.75.

Just kidding.

The Rickie Lee record is wonderful. On Quiex II. A definite 10.

Doug

There's quite a few stereo 10" records in the UK. Mainly 10" singles I'd say. At least one was double grooved on one side too.

there have been alot of stereo 10" records around

You might remember there was a bit of a fad for these down here in the 80s, they were called "mini-albums" - The Sports Play Dylan (and Donovan) was one, Jo Jo Zep and the Falcon's Dexterity, I think the 4-track version of Australian Crawl's Semantics was another, and there were others I can't think of right now.

Lots of 50's LPs were 10". The Epic records Nu-disk series were 10s, I think there were 5 or 6 of those. Cheap Trick Found All The Parts, Clash Black Market Clash, New Musik and others. Joe Jackson I'm The Man had a hole cut out in the sleeve for a button. Having about 2,000 albums here, 100 or so are 10". That quad demo would fit right in. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Steven Wilson - Insurgentes came out in a double 10" vinyl set. Not bad for Stereo...

Sounds great too....

Back