Pioneer DV-578 Firmware upgrade

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenceo

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Copy of post from other thread:

Here it is ( DV-575A ver. 2.09 ):

http://mtz.softpedia.com/dvd/

1. Save File and unzip
2. Burn to cd-r ( I used EZCD creator )
3. Load into player. ( I have the pioneer DV-578A )
4. At upgrade menu, press play
5. Drawer will open and the player's display will read "loading". Wait. Drawer will close.
6. Open drawer, remove disk

You will have to reset all initial settings at the main menu.

This solved my Talking Heads Brick problem and right now I'm doing a bit of this: :banana: :banana: :banana:

----------------------------------------------

Well I spent most of last night putting the 578 through some testing. As stated above, the upgrade solved the Talking Heads - Brick problem but I also had a problem with NIN - With Teeth and Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet dual disks. They also locked up the non-upgraded 578. Unlike the TH, which loaded the menu screen fine and locked up only when I selected a song, the NIN and BJ would lock up before the menu screen. And unlike the TH, the NIN and BJ was not a "hard lock up" (had to unplug power to reset). I was still able to hit "stop" and just switch to the Dolby Digital track. The upgrade DID NOT solve the NIN and BJ problem.:(

Other than fixing the Talking Heads problem, I see no other changes or affects from the upgrade. But getting the TH to play the DVD-A tracks was the Goal. Score.:smokin

This upgrade was soooooo easy to do. I really don't understand why Pioneer doesn't make these firmware available for download. In looking for the 2.09 ver upgrade, I read that there is a 2.10 ver out there, somewhere. With what seems to be problematic with the authorizing of DVD's and future formats. Hardware company's will have to make there software available so there CUSTOMERS can tailor the systems to there own liking.

Spence

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this thread, spenceo. Also a big fat thank you to Bananaslug, who was kind enough to PM a heads-up to me.

Some problems though. When I click your link I get the following message:

You are seeing this page because your browser made a request for a file but hasn't provided all the necessary information.
The piece of information missing is called a "referrer". The "referrer" should be sent by browsers when making a request to a webserver and contains the (address) URL of the page you were browsing when you clicked on the link that started the current request.

Either your browser did not send the referrer, or you are using a firewall software that blocks sending it.

There is one more possibility: your browser sent the referrer, but it is incorrect. This happens when you reached this file from a page that was not hosted on our server. You need to start the downoad of the file from a page on our site not an external page.

I turned off Zone Alarm and still no go.

Linking through the AVS thread, I finally found a file named “B5ca0006.bin” at the softpedia forum. Here is the link (scroll down to post # 24)

http://board.softpedia.com/index.php?showtopic=439&st=0&p=4939&#entry4939

Now I'm looking for "MTKRemaker" and an .rar unzipper.

Here's where I stop.

Is that the right file????

Bob - clueless in RI. :mad:@:

Bob R said:
I finally found a file named “B5ca0006.bin”

That's not the correct file. It's called "Pioneer575.ver.2.09_official.zip"

It's about 1.5 MB in size, I can e-mail it to you if you PM me an e-mail address.

I get "Can't read disc" when I try this in my USA-purchased 578A. I learned that if I press Home Menu, then Options, then press Display on the remote, in the lower part of the screen it will tell you what version you have. Mine (bought in USA) says "Region: 1; ROM Version: 2.05"

It seems the firmware update in the link psted above is for ROM Version: 2.09.

Any suggestions?
Anthony

Magliocchino said:
I get "Can't read disc" when I try this in my USA-purchased 578A. I learned that if I press Home Menu, then Options, then press Display on the remote, in the lower part of the screen it will tell you what version you have. Mine (bought in USA) says "Region: 1; ROM Version: 2.05"

It seems the firmware update in the link psted above is for ROM Version: 2.09.

Any suggestions?
Anthony

The file burned to the cd-r is name B4ba2096.bin and 1,517KB in size. Is this the file you have?? And thanks for the key strokes that give you the Firmware Ver. Very Nice. (y) (y)

I just re-tried the link above and found it's no longer working, sorry. The file I downloaded is named Pioneer575[1].ver.2.09_official.zip and the size is 1,050KB. It unzipped to name Pioneer575.ver.2.09 official.iso and size 1,570KB.

Spence

The file (Pioneer575.ver.2.09 official.iso) copies a file to CD named "B4BA2096.BIN" and it is 1.48 MB in size.

No workie on my 578A that is ROM Version 2.05.

I called a few local Pioneer service centers here in Salt Lake City. They want my player for several days and want anywhere from $30 to $90.

Anthony

Anthony

The Bad News: I just killed my 578A.

The Good News: My brother just paid me $100 for doing his taxes, and I just paid $104.90 for a new 578A. I guess the worst part is doing without for a week.

The Advice: If you burn the B4BA2096.BIN to a data disc named "PIONEER" and it doesn't work: give up and leave well enough alone! I read on the AVS Forum that renaming it to B4EA2096.BIN for the 578 would do the trick, but now I'm making funeral arrangements for my 578.

Prior to renaming the .bin file, I only got the "can't read disc" message. After renaming it, it actually started to upgrade but then... well, you know.

The Worst Part: The only discs I couldn't play were the Talking Heads discs - and I'M NOT EVEN A TALKING HEADS FAN!!!

dr. simple said:
The Bad News: I just killed my 578A.

The Good News: My brother just paid me $100 for doing his taxes, and I just paid $104.90 for a new 578A. I guess the worst part is doing without for a week.

The Advice: If you burn the B4BA2096.BIN to a data disc named "PIONEER" and it doesn't work: give up and leave well enough alone! I read on the AVS Forum that renaming it to B4EA2096.BIN for the 578 would do the trick, but now I'm making funeral arrangements for my 578.

Prior to renaming the .bin file, I only got the "can't read disc" message. After renaming it, it actually started to upgrade but then... well, you know.

The Worst Part: The only discs I couldn't play were the Talking Heads discs - and I'M NOT EVEN A TALKING HEADS FAN!!!

Sorry to hear of your loss, where do we send the flowers? ;)

Firstly, hello - I'm new here! Secondly - at last, someone who is having the same problem with Talking Heads DVD-A releases as I am! Well virtually the same problem anyway - I'm in the UK so have the non-Dual Disc releases of the TH albums and my player is a Pioneer DV-575A. I've been wondering whether a firmware upgrade would solve this problem as I don't want to do it unless I absolutely have to. The above post though proves that an upgrade from 2.05 to 2.09 does do the trick. I assume that the DV-578A is just a US version of the 575A?

Cheers,

Simon

I'm also using the DV-575A and I'm glad to say that the firmware upgrade has worked wonders, although it took almost a dozen wasted CD-rs before I could get the player to read the file. A few moments after the player recognised the upgrade it spat the CD out and completely froze. Fearing the worst I left it for a while, fed the cat, got myself a beer and then came back 10 minutes later and was very pleased to find that it would happily play all the Talking Heads DVD audios, plus much better playback on AVI/DIVX files. The only glitch it has now is playing the first track on Bowie's Heathen SACD.

hello, i am in the UK and have the Pioneer DV-565A, and have the same sort of DVD-A problems others have encountered. Is this firmware upgrade suitable for this model? If it isnt, is there one available for my model?
Cheers

I don't know if anyone really cares, but I just want to go to the top of the mountain and shout about how much I LOVE my Pioneer 578a since I did the firmware upgrade!!!:banana::sun:D(y):banana:

Several years ago I killed a 578 by doing the upgrade incorrectly (read: impatiently). I resisted upgrading the 578 that replaced it until my Oppo 970 drove me crazy, but once I did - I now have a player that plays everything I throw at it FLAWLESSLY.

I'm happy. I hope you're happy. Rock on, brothers in surround. :)

I don't know if anyone really cares, but I just want to go to the top of the mountain and shout about how much I LOVE my Pioneer 578a since I did the firmware upgrade!!!:banana::sun:D(y):banana:

Several years ago I killed a 578 by doing the upgrade incorrectly (read: impatiently). I resisted upgrading the 578 that replaced it until my Oppo 970 drove me crazy, but once I did - I now have a player that plays everything I throw at it FLAWLESSLY.

I'm happy. I hope you're happy. Rock on, brothers in surround. :)

Welcome to 2.09

If I had a clue as to where to upload stuff for people to grab for free, I'd give you all this: B4BA2096.BIN.

Here's the deal: if it doesn't work, you rename it to B4EA2096.BIN. The only difference is the 3rd character - either B or E. Make sure you name the disc "PIONEER".

ONE of these WILL work for the 578a. It will probably work for the 575 as well, but I've never owned a 575.

And, by the way, it works LIKE A CHARM. I've yet to find a disc my 578a version 2.09 won't play, and it's region-free to boot. I'll happily email the .bin file to anyone who requests it.

Life's the same: I'm moving in 5.1; life's the same, except for my shoes.

Last edited:
Back