Best Modern Surround Series: Your opinion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Modern Surround release by band/artiste

• Total voters
Elton John!!! Tumbleweed is his best album. Yellow Brick Road is the most popular and a KILLER! Madman is a perennial fave. The other SACD's include Your Song, Rocket Man, Writing, Lucy in the Sky, Someone Saved My Life and so many others. There are more modern recordings and wider surround mixes.

Dylan has some very sparse mixes in the rears, but he should be in the running. He's the greatest writer rock ever produced. Steely Dan/Fagen are the best combo of tunes, mix and fidelity. A couple more surround titles and Miles would have been my pick. The Doors and Moody Blues are strong contenders, too. Yes, Kal, I'm an old hippie chick.

It IS all about the music. I'd rather listen to Bessie Smith in mono, than hawaiian nose humming in 5.1.

Linda

Elton John!!! Tumbleweed is his best album. Yellow Brick Road is the most popular and a KILLER! Madman is a perennial fave. The other SACD's include Your Song, Rocket Man, Writing, Lucy in the Sky, Someone Saved My Life and so many others...

Linda

That's two of us then.

Back