HiRez Poll Morissette, Alanis - UNDER RUG SWEPT [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Alanis Morissette - UNDER RUG SWEPT

• 10: Excellent Mix, Excellent Sonics, Excellent Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Average music, and average surround mix, = 6.

I like some of the songs a lot (Hands Clean for one). I thought the mix was only so so. Not too much going on in the rears. All around a 7 from me.

It's a "6" from me.

I've tried to get into this but the materials weak, the performances very samey and lacking any spark
and the sound quality and surround mix are mediocre at best.

I know we often question Warners' overlooking new material and favouring classic albums as potentially leading to DVDA's failure as a format..

..but on this occasion the newer albums so weak, Warner should have taken stock of what was in front of them and either released this AND her "Jagged little pill" album on DVDA, or scrapped this and just remixed and rehashed her "classic" into 5.1 instead. bingo!

I like some of the songs a lot (Hands Clean for one). I thought the mix was only so so. Not too much going on in the rears. All around a 7 from me.

The same for me... I like the majority of tracks... but the mix is so so... 7...

I also have to agree about the way this one just sounds, well, average.
It could have/should have been so much better.......another missed opportunity.

I've had this for a long time, just listened to it again recently and thought how underwhelming the mix was. Made me think of the much maligned Silverlines, very little in the rears. Most 5.1 releases from the early 2000's were mixed like this, not much to get a potential surround enthusiast excited. I thought the sound was rather harsh as well. I checked my DVD-A rip in Audition, and although there was not too much clipping the fronts were brick-walled, not much better than a CD release obviously a victim of the loudness wars. The highest I could rate this is a five, would be much less if I didn't like the music.

Back