Stop Press - SUPERB Silverline title

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
http://www.101cd.com/detail.aspx?productid=1040524

Don't just take my word for it - I have a white label version of this, and it is truly a superb surround mix - very aggressive, very well done.
The album is a 12 track collaborative effort, as the main man, BJ Cole, is a well respected session "Slide Guitar" player. Odds are high you already have some of his work and don't know it. Check the website http://www.bjcole.co.uk/albums_paradise.html and see what I mean.
Anyway - back to "Trouble in Paradise". This 12 track album has guest players on every track, and is truly a well mixed treat.

I know the fact it is on Silverline will put some people off, but don't let it.
This is seriously good.:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Neil, thanks for the heads-up on this, it's a terrific surround mix. My only quibble is that Sanctuary don't seem to mention the DVD-A mix on the packaging. It's great to hear some Alabama 3 with this kind of mix, maybe sometime we'll get to hear a surround version of "Exile On Cold Harbour Lane"

The Surround mix was done by BJ Cole in conjunction with Gary Lux at 5.1 (who did most of the work).
BJ arrived to check the situation out, and didn't like the way it had been set up prior to his arrival - all very "safe", in wide stereo really with 'verb in the rears - so he changed it all dramatically.

It's a shame that the DVD-A-ness of it is not mentioned prominently, I agree. It's part of the "Cooking Vinyl" deal, and there are more coming.
I have heard the Jackie Leven "Shining Brother Shining Sister" remix - and this is almost as good.

I'm listening to this title as I type this. Wow! This is the best "new artist" DVD-A I've heard in a long, long time. Highly immersive, inventive, and very much recommended! I am totally digging this disc!

It's like blues, rock, alternative, polynesian, jazz, fusion, electronica, industrial... but much, much better than you could EVER imagine what this combination could deliver! It is beyond bliss!

I am completely and utterly blown away. This is my new favorite disc, period.

:banana:

Still listening... still being blown away each and every second. My new number one. No holds barred.

:mad:@: (in a good way)

It's a bit good, isn't it!
Looking forward very much to his new project - details to be leaked here exclusively (as soon as I get the multitracks)

Cai Campbell said:
It's like blues, rock, alternative, polynesian, jazz, fusion, electronica, industrial... but much, much better than you could EVER imagine what this combination could deliver!
nicely-worded description. and it makes for a killer soundtrack while viewing surf movies too. throw in something rum-based with an umbrella and you're all set. thanks QQ for uncovering another hidden gem!

Back