(Let's make a) MASTER LIST of 5.1 Singles and/or Bonus Tracks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this one qualifies: Pig Destroyer's 2004 release Terrifyer came as two-disc edition as well. The bonus DVD comprised of only one track (not to be found on the album itself), Natasha, but still clocked in just under 38 minutes. And yes, it was a DVD-A with 48/24 5.1 and 44.1/24 2.0 option.

5.1 Paul McCartney exclusive "matchbox" (live sound check) bonus DVD with back in the u.s. Live 2002 DVD.

I was going to include the 5.1 music videos from Seal's DVD-A's as well as Beck's which are a bonus in itself, but it sounds like Jon is looking for rarer musical tracks so here's the 5.1 gems I found going through my stash:

Roxy Music - Always Unknowing - Avalon (SACD)
Marvin Gaye - Rockin' After Midnight (Instrumental) - Midnight Love (SACD)
Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart feat. Take 6 - Genius Loves Company (Superdisc)
Ray Charles - Mary Ann feat. Poncho Sanchez - Genius Loves Company (Superdisc)
Santana - Day Of Celebration - Supernatural (DVD-A)
Santana - Truth Don Die - Shaman (DVD-A)
George Benson - Shark Bite - Breezin' (DVD-A)
George Benson - Down Here On The Ground - Breezin' (DVD-A)

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited:
Robbie, ahem, Williams put really nice 5.1. mixes on his DVD singles. ("Something Stupid" sounds great!)

And now to something really obscure: A "DVD plus" Single Westbam feat. Nena (yes, the 99 red ballon one) from 2002 has great mixes of the song "Oldschool, Baby" in DD EX and DTS ES!
Want more Teutonic stuff? Scooter put out a regular CD-Single for the Song "weekend" but added a DTS track at the end.

The surround mixes on the "Can" DVD have been mentioned here before, I guess, unfortunately I don't own it (but most of the SACDs)

Attachments

• Westbam Nena klein.jpg
    Westbam Nena klein.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Did not see this one listed, but the bonus disc that came with the Foo Fighters One By One cd includes: All my Life video w/5.1 audio mix (dd)
/stereo mix
audio only 5.1 mix (dd)
stereo mix
Walking A Line video w/5.1 audio mix (dd)
/stereo mix
audio only 5.1 mix (dd)
stereo mix
The One audio only 5.1 mix (dd)
audio only stereo
I don't have a listing for Walking A Line on any of the Foo Fighters discs that I have.

Want more Teutonic stuff? Scooter put out a regular CD-Single for the Song "weekend" but added a DTS track at the end.

Speaking of which I've just recently laid my hands on another "hybrid" CD/dts CD release (do not ask me for more info as the disc remains sealed):

4022203008_8824a3abb7_o.jpg

hi haikubass, yes I have this as well and there are 2 further cds in the same style (apparently not approved by the band). The dts tracks are not spectacular but a nice bonus...

but now to something with maybe a broader appeal to this forum:

The special edition of "divine operating system" by Supreme Beings of Leisure contains a bonus dvd with surround mixes of 4 tracks.

If you don't know the band, their name gives a hint - quite chilled...

more here:

http://www.amazon.com/Divine-Operat...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1256136779&sr=8-3

Hello, Great info! Let's add "Shesmovedon" on the P.T. DEADWING DVD-A. I'm at work, and I don't recall 100% for sure how it enables. MAYBE go to "Extras" and arrow up. Title appears and away you go. MAYBE. Sorry. Thanks.

Hello, Great info! Let's add "Shesmovedon" on the P.T. DEADWING DVD-A. I'm at work, and I don't recall 100% for sure how it enables. MAYBE go to "Extras" and arrow up. Title appears and away you go. MAYBE. Sorry. Thanks.

Spot on Patrick. Go to extras and arrow up. The puslating "Sacred Heart" gets red scribble around it with shesmovedon written in red underneath it. It works. I heard about this previously but thought somebody had there wires crossed, nobody could explain how. You nailed it. Amazing after so long. Shesmovedon. On Deadwing @ 5.02 min. Now off to compare with LB version @ 5.14 min. Initial listen didn't reveal any difference.

Schiller
Leben (hybrid SACD). This is the fist SACD I own in wich 2 of the songs in the cd and stereo SACD layers lists have different versions from the multichannel layer. The songs in cd and sacd stereo layers are listed as:
Leben ... I Feel You – Fernsehfassung (Featuring - Peter Heppner)
The Smile – Fernsehfassung (Featuring - Sarah Brightman)
(Fernsehfassung means television version)
The songs in multichannel sacd layer are listed as:
Leben ... I Feel You (Featuring - Peter Heppner)
The Smile (Featuring - Sarah Brightman)

Björk
-Hidden Place single DVD. DD5.1 and DD2.0 mixes with 2 audio stereo bonus tracks. The 5.1 mix is different from the Surrounded DTS version and from the SACD versions of the album. I prefer this one with no doubt.
-Pagan Poetry single DVD. DD5.0 and DD2.0 mixes with 2 audio stereo bonus tracks. The version is different again from the Surrounded DTS version and from the SACD version of the album. This time no sub channel is included.

Dead Can Dance
Garden of the Arcane Delights (SACD EP). This was release as limited edition and also was included in the Dead Can Dance SACD box set. This is the first sacd ep I own. Even when is hybrid stereo sacd, the 4 tracks sound outstanding.

:phones

Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection SACD includes the orignal version of "Madman Across The Water", which is very different from the offical release.
:cool: I like it.
DVD-A Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
Silver Springs

SACD Bonus Tracks:
Carole King – Tapestry
Out In The Cold
Smackwater Jack (LIVE)

SACD Elton John S/T
Bad Side of the Moon
Grey Seal
Rock n Roll Madonna

SACD Honky Château
Slave (Alternate version)

SACD Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Whenever You’re Ready (We’ll Go Steady Again)
Jack Rabbit
Screw You (Young Man’s Blues)
Candle In The Wind (Acoustic)

SACD Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
One Day At A Time
Philadelphia Freedom
...adding
SACD Elton John Tumbleweed Connection
Into the Old Man's Shoes
Madman Across the Water [Original Version]

SACD Elton John Madman Across the Water
The SACD version of the album contains a longer version of "Razor Face" which extended the song-ending jam to 6:42 instead of the early fade on the original album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_Across_the_Water

I hope this one qualifies: Pig Destroyer's 2004 release Terrifyer came as two-disc edition as well. The bonus DVD comprised of only one track (not to be found on the album itself), Natasha, but still clocked in just under 38 minutes. And yes, it was a DVD-A with 48/24 5.1 and 44.1/24 2.0 option.

I picked this up and the album itsself did not do to much for me but the DVDA was pretty good, and at 37 plus minutes its not bad money.

I would stick the muisc on on teh surround disc it in the same category as 'Bass Communion' and nothing like what i heard on the CD, (throaty growl grunge rock)

Some CD versions of 3 Doors Down's "Away From The Sun" included a bonus DVD that included surround versions of a couple of the songs (can't recall if it was just audio or music video, anymore). Anyway... I'm guessing those same mixes ultimately ended up on the SACD/DVD-Audio/(and possibly)DualDisc. So I suppose it maybe doesn't fit the criteria perfectly... still... figured I'd mention it.

[Edit: Now that I re-read the original post, I don't think these count at all since they did eventually show up on a full album.]

Howabout some of the songs from The Lord of the Rings extended cut blu-rays and DVD's? I understand there's an Enya elf-y song on Fellowship of the Ring; then there's Iceland's Emiliana Torrini's "Gollum's Song" on Two Towers. If the scores from those films are in 5.1 on their bonus discs, shouldn't the songs also be in surround?

Howabout some of the songs from The Lord of the Rings extended cut blu-rays and DVD's? I understand there's an Enya elf-y song on Fellowship of the Ring; then there's Iceland's Emiliana Torrini's "Gollum's Song" on Two Towers. If the scores from those films are in 5.1 on their bonus discs, shouldn't the songs also be in surround?

Dillydipper, I don't know if you're aware that a few years ago, Reprise Records released 3 box sets of Howard Shore's complete film scores for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in full MLP DVD~A 5.1 [with accompanying RBCDs).

An example: https://www.discogs.com/Howard-Shor...e-Ring-The-Complete-Recordings/release/779652

I have all three sets and even though I'm a fan, it can be a bit stulifying as a lot of the music can be at times repetitious but the sonics are splendid.

Dillydipper, I don't know if you're aware that a few years ago, Reprise Records released 3 box sets of Howard Shore's complete film scores for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy in full MLP DVD~A 5.1 [with accompanying RBCDs).

I have all three sets and even though I'm a fan, it can be a bit stulifying as a lot of the music can be at times repetitious but the sonics are splendid.

QQ Polls w/Scans:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?6554

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?7255

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?8949

Back