HiRez Poll Depeche Mode - A BROKEN FRAME [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Depeche Mode - A BROKEN FRAME

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Fidelity, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD release. Also, if you don't mind, please let us know where you bought it from, and what price you paid. THANKS

(y) :phones (n)

R-967926-1321409983.jpeg.jpg

R-967926-1203198873.jpeg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hmh, these really seem to be not overly popular/widespread

anyway, i rated an 8 here, mostly because of th emusic. even dm admit that this collection is a mixed bag. having said that, the deluxe treatment makes this disc fun again; the surround mix/sonics are of similar quality to speak&spell and the bonus material is great, including several live tracks in dts 96/24

Just picked a copy of the SACD in the local Borders store here in NZ!!!! for NZ$34

Back when I was a young(er) lad in the 80's I quite liked the early DM albums - so these albums all bring back memories for me. One thing I really like (on all of the DM re-issues) is the bonus songs they are great!

As mentioned above these re-issues are superb. The packaging is also immaculate! So if you have any interest in DM then I strongly recommend snapping up the SACD re-issues while you still can(y). I can't believe that there hasn't been more interest/comments/votes on the DM series here in this forum, is this because they weren't released as SACD in the US?:(

Buy them!!!

I'll vote after a few more listens....

Just picked a copy of the SACD in the local Borders store here in NZ!!!! for NZ$34

Back when I was a young(er) lad in the 80's I quite liked the early DM albums - so these albums all bring back memories for me. One thing I really like (on all of the DM re-issues) is the bonus songs they are great!

As mentioned above these re-issues are superb. The packaging is also immaculate! So if you have any interest in DM then I strongly recommend snapping up the SACD re-issues while you still can(y). I can't believe that there hasn't been more interest/comments/votes on the DM series here in this forum, is this because they weren't released as SACD in the US?:(

Buy them!!!

I'll vote after a few more listens....

The DVD-V releases here in the US are also excellent in my opinion although the import SACD is usually even better. I have most of the albums in SACD and the balance in DVD-V and I was never a Depeche Mode fan at all until I got these. I agree these are all great, this one is a 9 in my opinion. I imported this one from CD WOW if I recall correctly and it had to be a fair price or I wouldn't have purchased it.

Chris

I like this mix, as I like the majority of the older DM mixes but, again, I don't think these are necessarily "top of the line" mixes, and more made better by the fact that a lot of us spent years listening to these albums on cassette and first-generation CD and that anything is a quantum leap over that experience. Better than the disaster that is the retail mix of "Music for the Masses," but not as good as the mixes for their most recent albums, which is the rare retail 5.1 actually worth the money they charge for it.

The SACD can still be found for a reasonable price in the UK. I haven't played the whole thing yet, but I was disappointed with the levels of compression used. See You is way overcompressed, which is a shame. I wonder if the recent Sony reissue is any better. The mix at the beginning of Leave In Silence is a great start to the album.

Back