Stephen Stills DVD-A?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kind of surprised the email didn't tell me they were cancelling my order seeing as how things seem so "up in the air", at best, with this release (to put it 'nicely').

Well, Amazon UK cancelled my order;

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

Stephen Stills "Stephen Stills: +Dvda"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SS9DNQ

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

This went from an official Holy Crap to just Crap. :(

Last edited:
Well, Amazon UK cancelled my order;

We regret to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the following item:

Stephen Stills "Stephen Stills: +Dvda"
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SS9DNQ

Our supplier has informed us that this item is no longer available. This item has now been cancelled from your order #xxxxxxxx and we can confirm that you have not been charged for it.

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for you.

This went from an official Holy Crap to just Crap. :(

ditto

the UK site has a new option
"Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available"

mmm I sort of thought that I did

Last edited:
Same moan here.
Hopefully it will be available on Amazon.com or similar - am going to try & find out WTF went wrong here.

I think it was only a dream. A wet one at that..........

Sort of makes you wonder why this "mistake" of info. If a mistake on Amazon's part did this come out in any regular old "CD only" version anywhere now?

If the record companies were smart, they would take the information on the orders that were already placed and those signing up for this in the future to gain somewhat of a picture of what sort of interest there is for a particular product. Or better yet, why not just ask us what we want and manufacture that amount of product and make this work. This is a completed project waiting for release and not making any money sitting in the record companies closet.

Maybe they're just changing it to a blu-ray release. Would be nice if they told us one way or the other...

How do things get posted in the first place if they don't exist? It had to of started with Rhino, whichever one it was. So in theory this dvda mix must exist or have been done, otherwise why advertize it. Yes switching to a blu ray format instead makes sense in view of the Petty releases so maybe we'll see it. But why torture us, this is like some army psychology experiment.

If Rhino wants to use Blu-ray for audio-only they should at least make them compatible with all Blu-ray players, not just the newer models. The newer models are nowhere near as good with audio as the older players. Also they need to upgrade the packaging. The Petty packaging is horrible and shows no class at all.

May I ask, which old & new model players are you speaking of? :confused:
I have a Panasonic BDP-10A (old, and doesn't play the Petty disk... and no firmware updates come out for this one anymore). An example of a new model would be, well, that junk that you see in stores now, none of which cost more than $250 and have only stereo analog outputs.

I have a Panasonic BDP-10A (old, and doesn't play the Petty disk... and no firmware updates come out for this one anymore). An example of a new model would be, well, that junk that you see in stores now, none of which cost more than $250 and have only stereo analog outputs.
The junk in the stores now, have always been that, junk.
You need to get yourself an OPPO BDP-93.
Of course, it's a $500.00 player but it's the best for the money. ;)

I still haven't received a cancellation email. I'm not hoping for a miracle, but I've always gotten a cancellation notice in the past for things like this.

The junk in the stores now, have always been that, junk.
You need to get yourself an OPPO BDP-93.
Of course, it's a $500.00 player but it's the best for the money. ;)
I'll be getting a BDP-95 sometime this year. I almost ordered one yesterday but then backed out when they wanted me to pay for shipping on top of their $999 price.

So, thought I'd try on this thread even though it's been dead for so long.

Does anyone know if this album was actually remixed for 5.1 and stayed in the vaults for some reason? And if so, now that AF is doing 5.1, is there any reason to hope this will be coming?

I'm thinking since Supersession and BST were the first titles, and those mixes as well were done and then remained in the vaults, that maybe there's hope?

Looking back through the thread, I think it was mixed for surround and even prepared for release before being shelved for one reason or another.
Most releases don't get to preorder state like this one did unless some serious work went into it beforehand, so I bet this one's ready to go and is just languishing there.
I'd personally love a CD/Blu-Ray release like "Moondance", but if an AF SACD is the only way it would get out there, I say bring it on! :)

Back