MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
What's your newest DVD-V of a concert, music videos, or music related documentary? Citizen Kane is cool, but doesn't belong here. Neither does your prized DVD-A of Electric Warrior.

Live at Montreux, 1973-1991 highlights-Miles Davis

Linda
Queen of QQ

Tears for Fears Live '89 DVD is KILLAH! Seeds of Love was the current album, so I expected something good. Oleta Adams is not only a great vocalist, but also a hot keyboard player. Not wild about some close up shots that are b/w w/snow or lines for effect. That's minor. Badman and Woman in Chains are fantastic! To see and hear Roland, Curt and Oleta on stage together rates a 10.

2006 release YOU NEED from this band: French only pressing! 2-disc CD/DVD (PAL/Region 0) set. 12-track CD live at Parc des Princes in Paris on 18th June 2005, previously unreleased single ''Secret World'' and two unissued tracks, ''Floating Down the Rive'' and ''What are We Fighting For''. The DVD is live footage from CD. http://www.tower.com/secret-world-tears-for-fears-cd/wapi/105802261 PAL plays fine on my Yamaha. This one goes to 11!

Linda
It's a World Gone Crazy, Woman In Chains

Pretenders Live in London - CD + DVD-V

How's the Tears for Fears, Linda?

2006 release YOU NEED from this band: French only pressing! 2-disc CD/DVD (PAL/Region 0) set. 12-track CD live at Parc des Princes in Paris on 18th June 2005, previously unreleased single ''Secret World'' and two unissued tracks, ''Floating Down the Rive'' and ''What are We Fighting For''. The DVD is live footage from CD. http://www.tower.com/secret-world-tears-for-fears-cd/wapi/105802261 PAL plays fine on my Yamaha. This one goes to 11!

Linda
It's a World Gone Crazy, Woman In Chains

I agree with Linda on this one. However, I must add that this one is heavy on the material from "Everybody Loves A Happy Ending," which I personally LOVE, but it's quite a departure from the "sound" that we've come to know as Tears For Fears. Also, both the aforementioned studio album and this live album include Curt and Roland (but no Oleta).

Live at Madison Square Garden 1978 - Jethro Tull DVD/CD
Live in Europe 1967 - Miles Davis Quintet 3 CD/DVD
Anthology Box (all previously unreleased) 1966-1970 - Quicksilver Messenger Service 3CD/DVD

Linda

There But For Fortune (documentary) - Phil Ochs Folk singer extrordinaire. Great lyrics and socially conscious. Several years ago, I was at a tribute concert in NYC at the Bottom Line and sat with Phil's Sister Sonny. We chatted extensively in between sets. A cherished memory!

Dick Cavett Show - Jimi Hendrix
Meeting of the Spirits - McLaughlin, DeLucia, Coryell
Tribute to Miles Davis - John McLaughlin, George Benson, Paco DeLucia, Rickie Lee Jones, Larry Coryell & Stanley Clarke

Linda

A Night in London 1996 Mark Knopfler and The Long Road Home by J.C. Fogerty Both in good voice (if you can call Marks mumble a voice) and with terrific backup!

zappa does zappa
electric band @ montreux
two against nature-the dan
pulse
chick chorea, pat metheny,lee konitz woodstock jazz fest
bela fleck live at quick
weather report @ montreux
santana supernatural/sacred fire
billy cobham glass menagerie
wierd al the videos
EC one more car
fleetwood mac-the dance

Sitting In Again- Loggins & Messina, had it for awhile actually but it has seen multiple plays recently.........this has got to be one of the best concert surround mixes that's been released.
The Elliot S. mix is fantastic...actual instrumental use of the rears, and the second set <after sunset> is exquisitely played music. Well done. Must have if you have even a passing interest...(y) John

Thomas Dolby, The Sole Inhabitant - So much better than his 80s novelty hits. This 2006 concert is fully solo, stripped down. Until he releases something new with a full band, this will have to do.

Led Zeppelin 02 Arena reunion "A Work In Progress" - 15-cam fan edit of a historic performance. I was disappointed in their song selection, too many slow plodding songs for my taste. But, hey, it's the friggin' Led Zeppelin reunion!

Todd Rundgren - Coach House San Juan Capistrano, CA 2011 - He pulls out the hits. A strong performance.

Roger Waters - iShoot, iEdit - staggering compilation of the current Wall concert. BluRay. Can't recommend it enough, even if you're only a casual fan of Pink Floyd or the The Wall.

Just got MJ's thriller 25th anniversay cd/dvd-v from amazon ($4.99 used). Listened to cd today, will check out the videos soon. Never cared for MJ- until I saw This is It. What a performer!

It's in the mail somewhere - hopefully it arrives in the next couple days...

Wovenhand - Live at Roepan

It's a cd/dvd set of the show recorded for Rockpalast in 2010 and includes tracks not in the broadcast version. I haven't seen anything about the audio format yet though...wishing for a 5.1 mix but I doubt it.

http://label.glitterhouse.com/releases.php?show=154

We were driving past Walmart and my wife decided to go in and look for some cheap summer clothes for the kids. While she was doing her thing I gravitated towards the sad remains of the music section, hoping to maybe find one or two equally cheap summer CDs.

I noticed that some of the "CDs" were in slightly taller cases so I took a closer look. They turned out to be concert DVDs. The cases look much like the ones used for real DVD-Audio discs, but they are DVD-V with DTS or Dolby. All were sealed and going for $7 or $9 each. I picked up the following:

Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Pride and Joy
Black Sabbath - The Last Supper
Bob Dylan - Live at the Newport Folk Festival 1963-1965
Doors - Mr Mojo Risin': The Story of L.A. Woman
Queen - Rock Montreal
Eric Clapton - Live at Montreux 1986
Johnny Cash - Live at Montreux 1994
Santana - Greatest Hits: Live at Montreux 2011
Rolling Stones - Some Girls: Live in Texas '78

Back