HiRez Poll Seal - SEAL (First Album) [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Seal - SEAL (First Album)

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters
I loved the stereo release of this album on cd, hence i was stoked when I found this in 5.1. The mix is not to be faulted. The vocals are much clearer - in fact on some tracks so much so I wondered if a different source track was used for this mix ( some of the vocal delivery seemed to have a different nuance- but I figure in conclusion on this that this was the hi- Rez exposing this Vocal delivery much more transparently, hence revealing more character. ) One song that really shines in 5.1 is 'Future love Paradise'. The whole intent of this song reveals itself more. To my mind this now sounds like a funky 'futuristic' gospel-hall jam with a choir type vibe- a feeling or impact never even closely renditioned in 2.0 . I contemplated giving this a 10, but asked myself whether it was a better overall mix than the Beatles 'Love' which I would rank higher ( which i also gave a nine. Maybe I should have given the Beatles 10 -as it would be a 9.65 , and this one a 9.30.) Some of the songs on this disc like 'The Beginning' are just made for 5.1 delivery. This Seal disc now sits in my top 10.

This is a fantastic production and a great mix. I gave it a 9, simply because the songs, though great, are not songs I'll find myself singing in my head later.

I've been trying to find this since, oh, forever now.
Anyone got any links where it is still available?
I have IV and the Best Of, both of which are outstanding.

I have this one and the "Best of" DVD-A and have been looking for SEAL II, without any luck.... They seem really hard to find these days.

Not really my style, but I'm a sucker for Trevor Horn productions!! This one brings back memories of the early nineties - I had a flatmate who trashed this album, so I had to get it for nostalgia.

FYI - my order for Seal II from Rhino CA was cancelled - Neil did you get Seal I?

Order ID 69636000
Date 2/17/2012 2:26:09 PM
Status Cancelled

Quantity Product Unit Price Total Price
1 Seal [1994] (CD/DVDA) $31.99 $31.99
Shipping: International $9.99

FYI - my order for Seal II from Rhino CA was cancelled - Neil did you get Seal I?

Order ID 69636000
Date 2/17/2012 2:26:09 PM
Status Cancelled

Quantity Product Unit Price Total Price
1 Seal [1994] (CD/DVDA) $31.99 $31.99
Shipping: International $9.99

Not had an email telling me anything - will go look.....

Motherf***ers!
Cancelled 4 days ago & never even bothered to tell me about it.
These guys whine and complain about poor sales, and then go & do this - makes me wonder why we bother sometimes.

Got this note from Rhino Canada after I asked why my order was cancelled:

Thank you for shopping at RhinoRecords.ca! I see here that your order was cancelled because the item is no longer available and currently discontinued. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions please let me know!

Not had an email telling me anything - will go look.....

Motherf***ers!
Cancelled 4 days ago & never even bothered to tell me about it.
These guys whine and complain about poor sales, and then go & do this - makes me wonder why we bother sometimes.

Didn't this all sound a bit too good to be true to begin with, though? I mean, a long-lost title ordered directly from Rhino? It was very likely to be some sort of mistake.

I just went to the site and checked and mine was cancelled also; which means they never had any. Not even one copy. And yet they still list it as available.

Sorry for putting everyone on the chase.

I just went to the site and checked and mine was cancelled also; which means they never had any. Not even one copy. And yet they still list it as available.

Sorry for putting everyone on the chase.

No worries - Thanks for trying to give us a "heads up".

I can't believe they cancelled without sending a e-mail notification!!!

The Rhino websites are some of the worst... The site still has the DVD-As listed..... You'd think they'd remove them...

I'm still waiting to see if I get hit Bank Charges for the aborted CC payment.
If I do, Rhino get an invoice - especially as they are indeed still listing this as available.

@sukothai - don't fash yerself, guy - it's not your fault. How were you to know?

@DKA - stranger things have happened before with OOP titles suddenly showing up in someone's stock room under a pile of old kak.
It's not common, but it does (sometimes) happen.

Back