!n$@nE Album Covers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butterfield-paul-ear-01.jpg

Jack+Van+Impe+Hell+Without+Hell+LP+cover.jpg

410XTt9WMnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

GimmeGimmes-AreADrag-FrontCoverS.jpg

Since 78's didn't have picture sleeves, here's another ad from 1930:
OKeh-AfroAmerican1930-06-14.JPG

Frankie "Half Pint" Jaxon 78 Vocalion ad. Jaxon was often backed up by Tampa Red and Georgia Tom, who later became the father of modern gospel.
Advert4.jpg

Here's the Three Dog Night Hard Labor album original cover, on CD no less. I was surprised to find this one day back at the dawn of the CD era. Someone in graphics must have screwed up.

Notice the silver sticky seal deal they used to put on CDs back then. Remember those? :mad:@:

3dog0.jpg

That Three Dog Night cover IMHO helped kill their career just at the wrong time when they were on the rise. It's sort of funny when you first saw it, but does one really want to keep looking at it day after day, as how we once listened to a new music title. You had a record out and showed it to your friends and the "cool factor" made them want to buy it. They were on a high after the record "Cyan" with the hit "Shambala."

A better cover would have shown just the band (as with "Cyan") and perhaps a fold-out with lyrics, show the band playing music, etc. I was a big fan of theirs, and it's hard to explain to those who were not there how popular they were and on a roll with hits and great songs back then.

I forgot about "Squirt." Wasn't Squirt a 7-UP type drink?

Back