LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Have you added to your A/V system lately? If so, what did you add? Perhaps a vintage Quad piece or a new surround piece, maybe a Tefifone player?!?

Here's Mine:
Zektor HDS 4.1 6 channel analog 4 in, 1 out switcher, with digital coax & optical bought on QQ from Byrdman.
hds41_corner_500.jpg

So now you can mix down your quad reels to mono. This would be a popular item on the SH forum.

that's a very cool gizmo!

I'm guessing Linda will make great use of it, as she has multiple 4 and 6 channel analogue out sources.

i'm sure she is not alone though and there are a fair few other QQ-ers with, say, a Q8 player, a CD-4 TT, a Q4 machine and a universal SACD/DVD-A player, who would like to keep them all permanently connected to their receiver (that has just one 6 channel analogue in) and be able to switch their 4/6 Ch sources at will.

very neat! thank you for sharing :)

Actually the Zektor is a switch, not a mixdown unit. I do have an integrated 4 x 4 switch that can mix Quad to Stereo or Mono, Stereo to Mono, as well. I bought it from the designer, Gaylord Russell, before it was available to the public. Russound QT-1 https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...onic-Patch-Bay&p=155911&highlight=#post155911

I have another switch that can mix Quad down to stereo or mono, or assign any or all of 4 channels to an individual channel in a stereo or mono mixdown. Teac AX-20:
teac-ax20.jpg

There are 4 tape decks (and two more I can patch in for dubbing), 6 CD/DVD-A-V/Blu-Ray drives, 4 hard drives, an SQ/RM decoder (with switching for two tape decks & Quad aux), CD-4 demod, dbx simultaneous encode/decode n/r, videodisc, a Quad scope, a 60" Plasma, 27" i Mac, and a MC transformer on my main system. Both these switchers will be used. No, Fred it isn't through a receiver. It's through a 7.1 THX Ultra 2 B&K preamp which is connected to the three power amps with balanced (XLR) lines.

So now you can mix down your quad reels to mono. This would be a popular item on the SH forum.

Actually the Zektor is a switch, not a mixdown unit. I do have an integrated 4 x 4 switch that can mix Quad to Stereo or Mono, Stereo to Mono, as well. I bought it from the designer, Gaylord Russell, before it was available to the public. Russound QT-1 https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...onic-Patch-Bay&p=155911&highlight=#post155911

I have another switch that can mix Quad down to stereo or mono, or assign any or all of 4 channels to an individual channel in a stereo or mono mixdown. Teac AX-20:
View attachment 6683

There are 4 tape decks (and two more I can patch in for dubbing), 6 CD/DVD-A-V/Blu-Ray drives, 4 hard drives, an SQ/RM decoder (with switching for two tape decks & Quad aux), CD-4 demod, dbx simultaneous encode/decode n/r, videodisc, a Quad scope, a 60" Plasma, 27" i Mac, and a MC transformer on my main system. Both these switchers will be used. No, Fred it isn't through a receiver. It's through a 7.1 THX Ultra 2 B&K preamp which is connected to the three power amps with balanced (XLR) lines.

oh I bet that B&K of yours is the dog's danglies!

is the MC transformer in your rig a "Mains Conditioning" unit? I've been toying with getting one to clean up the power supply to my amps.

I don't believe it's a mains conditioning unit. It's an Ortofon T-20 which I've had forever. I have an older MCA-20 pre-preamp on my #2 system with another Ortofon MC.

The B&K power amps are very dangly, as well. Very conservatively rated at 250 W RMS/ch. They power Mission towers in the front and rear. The sub is a 400 W REL.

oh I bet that B&K of yours is the dog's danglies!

is the MC transformer in your rig a "Mains Conditioning" unit? I've been toying with getting one to clean up the power supply to my amps.

I don't believe it's a mains conditioning unit. It's an Ortofon T-20 which I've had forever. I have an older MCA-20 pre-preamp on my #2 system with another Ortofon MC.

The B&K power amps are very dangly, as well. Very conservatively rated at 250 W RMS/ch. They power Mission towers in the front and rear. The sub is a 400 W REL.

oh! It's a Moving Coil step up tranny for your TT! :eek:

ortofon are the danglies too! :D

on a sad "gear-related" note, my trusty REL sub has recently (just this week!) started "parping" on big bass at comfortable listening levels :(

it might be time to finally ditch it.. though after 15 years of faithful service, I can't really complain, can I..?!?

Marantz cd 400B just arrived today. My new demodulator! Now I need to find a manual for it.

nothing lately, if lone Q8 "All the Girls In The World, Beware" by Grand Funk for 50 cents do not fall in category.
had chance to snag pair of KEF Cantata but was too slow.

Back