MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest DVD-V,Concert/Music-Related?NO 5.1ALBUMS,DVD-A,QUADIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread!

Queen-GreatestHitsDVD.jpg

The Wall Immersion Box - Pink Floyd 6 CD/1 DVD
View attachment 7052

Holy moley I could just imagine opening that box and everything just spilling out. LOL

Welcome to the era of the immersion box. Just when you thought they couldn't make you buy an album again with no new content

At over $100, the damned thing doesn't even have a surround mix. This is why I didn't buy it right away and balked. Can you say sucker?!? I knew you could.

Holy moley I could just imagine opening that box and everything just spilling out. LOL

Welcome to the era of the immersion box. Just when you thought they couldn't make you buy an album again with no new content

If they would have included the new vinyl repressing it would have been worth it and I would have bought all three.

Back in the Quad days, UK and a few French imports were all we saw here in Chicago. In the days of CD and beyond, we get imports here from everywhere. Notice that I listed earlier this month picking up Joe Jackson at Rockpalast.

I was wondering because MIG is not a big record company. I understand when Eagle Vision is distributing their Rockpalast releases worldwide.

Go grab Johnny Winter!

-Kristian

Neither my ID nor Joe Jackson are US issues. They are both imports on MIG. The shop where I got them mostly deals in imports. And, yes, I need to get Johnny Winter.

I was wondering because MIG is not a big record company. I understand when Eagle Vision is distributing their Rockpalast releases worldwide.

Go grab Johnny Winter!

-Kristian

At over $100, the damned thing doesn't even have a surround mix. This is why I didn't buy it right away and balked. Can you say sucker?!? I knew you could.

oh but Linda it's got a lovely cream scarf!

and do i spy more marbles..?!?

in all seriousness, what the HELL are EMI on
..apart from borrowed time..
to continually shove all this rubbish into these boxes..??

I'd be intrigued to know how well this Wall box sold, compared to the DSOTM & WYWH boxes.. might give some sort of indication as to the pulling power of surround.

They MUST include marbles, to replace the ones I've lost from spending big $$$ (there's no Pounds Sterling symbol on my keyboard) on these frivolous box sets.

oh but Linda it's got a lovely cream scarf!

and do i spy more marbles..?!?

in all seriousness, what the HELL are EMI on
..apart from borrowed time..
to continually shove all this rubbish into these boxes..??

I'd be intrigued to know how well this Wall box sold, compared to the DSOTM & WYWH boxes.. might give some sort of indication as to the pulling power of surround.

I wish I would have gotten one of those mini black friday record store day The Wall box sets with the 45s and guitar pick.

Last edited:
Live at Rockpalast - Johnny Winter
View attachment 7375

<big grin>

I wonder if this is the same release as the german one by MIG. Picture quality is (obviously) very 70ies TV quality, but the concert is "a burner"! I've never seen a bass player playing harmonica at the same time. And they switched guitars somewhere inbetween the concert, so Johnny is also playing bass.

This concert is in no way comparable to what he does nowadays, sadly.

When you're ready and done with this one I sugest you to find a copy of the triple DVD set by Rory Gallagher from Rockpalast. Was released by Eagle vision a few years ago (already deleted?), another blues rock artist who smokes.

-Kristian

Last edited:
Billy Joel - The Essential Video Collection - DVD Dolby Digital
2164c4eb.jpg

(Sorry but I thought I'd find a thread like this one but couldn't. Mods, please erase and/or move to the corresponding preexisting one-the only other one I could find that was similar was the BluRay one)

Specify if DTS or Dolby.

My latest ones were both DTS :
Led Zeppelin-Celebration Day (heavy mix, not very discrete)

Kraftwerk-Minimum Maximum (English version)-INCREDIBLE Surround mix

and the GERMAN version which I got yesterday, haven't listened to it yet (guessing it's NOT going to be very different from the english one-them being German and everything...)

Kraftwerk - Minimum Maximum

finally got a copy, playing it now - should have bought this years ago.

Back