HiRez Poll Feeder - COMFORT IN SOUND [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Feeder - Comfort in Sound

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 7:

• 5:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD release. (n):phones(y)

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had no idea this was an SACD. Have the CD and enjoy it. What's the surround mix like?

I had no idea this was an SACD. Have the CD and enjoy it. What's the surround mix like?

not much cop :(

very front heavy mix and the sound quality isn't great either. wasted opportunity imho.

its a "6" from me, mostly for the music itself and it gets an extra point for having been released on MultiCh SACD at all..!!

Short Take: Sounds brickwalled and mix is dual stereo.

Fredblue characterizes this as "front heavy," but to my ears it is a nearly identical mix in the fronts and the rears. When the sound is meant to be loud it sounds ragged to me, so I suspect brickwall mastering. The music is not all bad, but I am giving poor marks for sound and mix.

If you love this album, you might like the SACD version. If you are just interested in surround, your money is best spent elsewhere.

Short Take: Sounds brickwalled and mix is dual stereo.

Fredblue characterizes this as "front heavy," but to my ears it is a nearly identical mix in the fronts and the rears. When the sound is meant to be loud it sounds ragged to me, so I suspect brickwall mastering. The music is not all bad, but I am giving poor marks for sound and mix.

If you love this album, you might like the SACD version. If you are just interested in surround, your money is best spent elsewhere.

oops! my bad, its double stereo! ☺
i should really give it another play so i can reassess :unsure: (not spun it in many years so that should be interesting!) 🧐🤓

Back