Japan Exclusive Equipment - Very Rare Stuff!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
This thread contains pictures sent to me by a quad collector of the highest order. These pictures show some of the rarest quad stuff in the world, from the glorious 1970's era of quadraphonics! Enjoy and speculate!! :yikes

SANSUI QSC-9050 Quad Preamp with QS Vario-Matrix
Sansui QSC-9050 Quad Preamp with QS variomatrix built in p 1.jpg
Sansui QSC-9050 Quad Preamp with QS variomatrix built in p 3.jpg
Sansui QSC-9050 Quad Preamp with QS variomatrix built in p 2.jpg

DENON EXPERIMENTAL UNIT

Attachments

• Denon experimental unit p1.jpg
    Denon experimental unit p1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 474
  • Denon experimental unit p5.jpg
    Denon experimental unit p5.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 462
  • Denon experimental unit p4.jpg
    Denon experimental unit p4.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 508
  • Denon experimental unit p3.jpg
    Denon experimental unit p3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 449
  • Denon experimental unit p2.jpg
    Denon experimental unit p2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 480
TECHNICS SH-3434 SCOPE IN FACTORY WOOD CASE

Technics SH3434 scope in factory wood cabinet.jpg

TECHNICS SH3434 SCOPE w/SH-1010 REMOTES

Technics SH3434 scope and SH1010 remotes for it.jpg

Did he send pics of the JVC CD-4 units for all to see? Those are the real deal. Very few made. I would grab the Sansui preamp, Nice piece.
The uds tmx unit in the middle, was one i sold on epay a while back. Got it in a trade with Nick years ago. Looks like it, that may be an old shot. No software that anyone gives a care about- 18 total perhaps..... Basically a boat anchor. WHY? Instead of expanding QS functionality we got Sony. Because the greed marches on.
QS works perfect with good equipment.
Sony wanted in on the action. SO We get SQ. Wasn't that fun. We own content, we can do what we want. Time to divide the pricks up. Can not own the material and the delivery system. LIKE COMCAST and CELL PHONE COMPANIES. And Banks!!! Any of you idiots in the justice department ever heard of anti trust??? NOT SINCE RAYGUN SCREWED THIS COUNTRY.
HOW NOW? Now they are trying another format!!! Yes it is 2012 and we get another format. I just heard that Sony is releasing movies in Ultra HD and they will have 60 to start. FUCK YOU SONY. YOU HAVE SCREWED THE WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD WITH YOUR FORMAT WARS. FUCK YOU AGAIN. They screwed up quad and dvd audio, now with bluray they have killed hi rez music also. Here we go again. Need a new TV to play the new format. SONY HAS THAT TOO.
MIDDLE FINGER EXTENDED.

Again if someone did not hear it. WE LOVE YOU SONY AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO CONTAIN MATERIAL, FORMATS, AND THE WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD. Check out the wars they lose on a normal basis. http://brainz.org/12-format-war-losers/ These idiots are classless losers.

Yes Tad, Nick sent me those pictures a few years ago, so that might in fact be the unit you obtained.

As for Sony, well, I can't say I do not disagree with you, the thing is, Sony has splintered into so many pieces, one piece knows not what the other is doing, which is a shame, but yes, they try every which way they can to corner a market. Remember when they had their own proprietary memory sticks for cameras and such? MiniDiscs? CX Discs? Beta? There are too many to recall.

MiniDiscs? CX Discs? Beta?

Wasn't CX a CBS process?

I *loved* MiniDiscs. It's hard to see the point today, but you have to remember where we were technologically back then. It was possible to make your own CDs, but it required what was at the time very expensive computers and sound cards and disc burners, etc. MD wasn't exactly cheap, but it was much less expensive than what it took to make your own CDs *and* as easy to use as a cassette deck. I think Sony's biggest mistake at the time was not promoting how versatile and easy to use the format was. If I had fully understood what it could do when it was introduced, I would not have waited as long as I did to buy into the format.

But having said all that, I'm an antique with a ton of analog around the house who wanted an easy way to digitize it and take it with me. At the time, the realistic choices were cassette tapes and MDs. In terms of quality, size, ease and reliability, MD was the clear winner.

If these were exclusive to Japan why is the printing done in English? Maybe it was some sort of "just in case" type of deal.

Did he send pics of the JVC CD-4 units for all to see? Those are the real deal. Very few made. I would grab the Sansui preamp, Nice piece.
The uds tmx unit in the middle, was one i sold on epay a while back. Got it in a trade with Nick years ago. Looks like it, that may be an old shot. No software that anyone gives a care about- 18 total perhaps..... Basically a boat anchor. WHY? Instead of expanding QS functionality we got Sony. Because the greed marches on.
QS works perfect with good equipment.
Sony wanted in on the action. SO We get SQ. Wasn't that fun. We own content, we can do what we want. Time to divide the pricks up. Can not own the material and the delivery system. LIKE COMCAST and CELL PHONE COMPANIES. And Banks!!! Any of you idiots in the justice department ever heard of anti trust??? NOT SINCE RAYGUN SCREWED THIS COUNTRY.
HOW NOW? Now they are trying another format!!! Yes it is 2012 and we get another format. I just heard that Sony is releasing movies in Ultra HD and they will have 60 to start. FUCK YOU SONY. YOU HAVE SCREWED THE WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD WITH YOUR FORMAT WARS. FUCK YOU AGAIN. They screwed up quad and dvd audio, now with bluray they have killed hi rez music also. Here we go again. Need a new TV to play the new format. SONY HAS THAT TOO.
MIDDLE FINGER EXTENDED.

Again if someone did not hear it. WE LOVE YOU SONY AND WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO CONTAIN MATERIAL, FORMATS, AND THE WHOLE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD. Check out the wars they lose on a normal basis. http://brainz.org/12-format-war-losers/ These idiots are classless losers.

Ultra HD..!?!? this must be their 4K video format. so, that's the beginning of the end for Sony's support of blu-ray, I guess.. :(

if only Sony could learn to walk (and smell the roses a bit) before it goes off running with its "next big thing"..

in other news, I just read Panasonic is pulling out of the TV business..

http://www.macworld.co.uk/digitallifestyle/news/?newsid=3405567

I guess Panasonic thinks the future for TV is portable devices, so will anyone notice 4K on a portable device? Eventually I guess we're all supposed to live in portable houses too.

I guess Panasonic thinks the future for TV is portable devices, so will anyone notice 4K on a portable device? Eventually I guess we're all supposed to live in portable houses too.

haha!! very true!

can you even get 4k video on a portable device!?

it'd probably be so sharp your eyes would bleed..!!

:yikes

Back