Quad LP/Tape Poll Chicago: Chicago VI [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Chicago VI"

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Their second single-Lp release, from 1973.

Side 1:

1. Critic's Choice
2. Just You 'N' Me
3. Darlin' Dear
4. Jenny
5. What's This World Comin' To

Side 2:

1. Something In This City Changes People
2. Hollywood
3. In Terms Of Two
4. Rediscovery
5. Feelin' Stronger Every Day

I like the mix, but not a big fan of the music, and the hits here are more lightweight than was usual by this time(though it would become a trend, alas). A '6' from me.

ED :)

Great Quad mix. 4 killer tracks. The other 6 are forgettable. Get the SQ, 'cause the raised "bank note" print is a sensual thing. A good album, not a great one. If you love these guys, you need it.

872855.jpg

Some songs off this album are 'Dated', but I enjoy Chicago's music up until XI or so. I agree. Essential buy for Chicago Fans, and not as tough to find as II, II, and VII on LP.

Hi,
I haven´t seen a decent copy of Chicago VI in quad for years. Have all other quad recordings but always missed this one out.

How many people have noticed that at the end of Feelin' Stronger Every Day they are singing Jumping Jack Flash is a gas gas gas. Around the 2:45 to 3:00 minute mark.

How many people have noticed that at the end of Feelin' Stronger Every Day they are singing Jumping Jack Flash is a gas gas gas. Around the 2:45 to 3:00 minute mark.

I always thought I heard something like that at the end of that song. If that's really what it is, cool! :)

Great music and a real good quad mix. I vote 10.

A 9 from me. I like the music and really don't think it's that far removed from their earlier stuff.

The sonics and quad are excellent except "Feeling Stronger Every Day" is pretty trebly, hence the 9 instead of a ten.

Still, a great album.

Doug

Back