HiRez Poll Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of the Scorpions - MOMENT OF GLORY

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 9:

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this EMI Classics 5.1 SACD released in Europe by the Scorpions with the Berlin Philharmonic. (n):phones(y)

Thanks to QQ Member '0tto' for the scans below:

scorpions%20front.jpg
scorpions%20back.jpg

This should be interesting.
I wonder how many of us have actually heard it.
I spoke with someone recently who had bid $1200 on an e-bay auction for this disc....and lost.

This should be interesting.
I wonder how many of us have actually heard it.
I spoke with someone recently who had bid $1200 on an e-bay auction for this disc....and lost.

Quite a few - if you count the SACD rip via PS3 & conversions thereof...

I've heard an SACD-R rip of it over at a mate's house. It was a rather hurried flick thru rather than a proper sit down listen but what I heard was pretty cool, very cool actually.

I passed on a used copy about 5 years ago for £100.. Whoops :mad:@:

so, here we have a slightly crazy situation...

We have a New Poll for an old disc, for which I'm thankful, thanks Jon (y)

... but it's not just any old disc, it's the Holy Grail for some...

..and so far only hardcore QQ members (may I say all 5 of us who have posted in this Poll already are hardcore? :eek:) have heard it... but none of us own it..!

So I say.. "EMI... Get this bloody damned surround mix out again on Blu-ray Audio NOW..!!!!!"
:mad: :mad:@: :howl :flame

Big thanks to 0tto for the scans (added to Post #1). I sure can't afford this one! :)

I still have one sealed, sold my open copy years ago but not for the asking price now :>( I also have a DTS CD copy that I listen to that sounds darn good.

YEAY!!! Someone on here owns it!!! :wave

CONGRATS!! (y)

would you say its the rarest SACD you own?

I have hundreds of titles that are OOP, but none going for the cash of Moment Of Glory. I just read this complete thread, $1200.00 on a lost bid???????????
It might be time to let my sealed copy find a new home. I do not sell on Ebay but I may have to start :>) I will consider private offers from QQ Members.

I have hundreds of titles that are OOP, but none going for the cash of Moment Of Glory. I just read this complete thread, $1200.00 on a lost bid???????????
It might be time to let my sealed copy find a new home. I do not sell on Ebay but I may have to start :>) I will consider private offers from QQ Members.

Oh Noooooooooooooooooo....!!!!!!! :( You mustn't sell it!!

How could you ever part with it??? :yikes

I would love to make you an offer.. but I know in my heart I can't compete with some of the guys on here!

Plus I wouldn't want to cause offence with an embarrassingly low offer! :eek:

A shot in the dark.. but are there any discs you're still looking for? Might be worth more as a trade on a certain disc or discs!?

Back