MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rush - Clockwork Angels

Me too, and the new Crossroads.

81Ltz2gBFML._SL1500_.jpg91bHeq4WmtL._SL1500_.jpg

YES -CTTE, XTC - Nonsuch, Van the Man -Moondance, Dream Theater - Live At Luna Park, Clapton Crossroads 2013, Steven Wilson - Drive Home.

A few more to go this year - Clapton 73-74 and Muse Live in Rome. I would say that this has been a pretty good year for surround!

Why are some Blu Ray compressed to death? Where is the logic? They are not played over the radio or on ipads. Idiotic!

I think that the people doing the mastering are so used to compressing the cd's that when they do Blu rays they can't seem to master it any other way than to over compress it.

Two Aussie music blu-ray releases (both 5.1 DTS-HDMA):

Neil Finn (ex Crowded House) and Paul Kelly Live recent concert at Sydney Opera House:

folder.jpg

Cold Chisel (Oz rock from eighties). Live concert from 2012:

folder.jpg

Two Aussie music blu-ray releases (both 5.1 DTS-HDMA):

Neil Finn (ex Crowded House) and Paul Kelly Live recent concert at Sydney Opera House:

Cold Chisel (Oz rock from eighties).

Ha; they are also my latest bluray purchases. Very happy to see some aus rock getting the bluray treatment. Until now, I think Powderfinger was the only aus rock bluray in the collection.

The Dts-hd track on the Finn/Kelly bluray is 24 bit; it's 16 bit on the Chisel. Having only dolby 2.0 for the stereo track on both is disappointing.

That given; I haven't had the time to give either a good belt on my better equipment yet...!

The Doors: R-Evolution. Very good sound, some nice surround mixes and the videos have been cleaned up well. Shame they couldn't include "Riders", "The End" or "When The Music's Over" but other than that this is a great collection and well presented.

Move Me Brightly(Jerry Garcia 70th Birthday documentary/concert film).......btw the 5.1 track is 24/96 DTS HD MA which is quite good btw[there are a few Grateful Dead song snippets sprinkled throughout the documentary which sound amazing in DTS HD MA......if only they'd release the albums on Blu ray]......the picture quality's as good as the sq btw.

Last edited:
Back