HiRez Poll Costello, Elvis - NORTH [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Elvis Costello - NORTH

• 10: Great Mix. Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 5:

• 4:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this surround title! (y) :phones (n)

Attachments

• elviscostello.jpg
    elviscostello.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 197
Just listened to this tonight; nice very laid back orchestrated chill :) type of record. Most of the action is frontal but surrounds kick in nicely at appropriate times. You'd put this SACD on when you wanted to slow the hectic day down and be reflective or romantic. Mr Costello excels at any musical style he chooses to present.

I am gonna necro this thread...............should I buy this as a hug Costello fan from way back.

I am a big Elvis Costello fan since like 79 or 80, I'd like to say I was a big fan from the time I was 2 years old but which would make me a bit younger...................seen him like 4 times, only regret was not seeing him on his Imperial Bedroom tour even though I had the chance. That ALbum would be UNREAL freaking unreal in 5.1

Ok back to the subject, I will probably get this EC North SACD, but I am wondering if anyone here has it or if they heard it, how good or bad it might be?? It's not an album that is gonna rock the house, anything but

It is one of his solo with Steve Nieve on Piano and some Orchestral arrangements. I did see him on the Solo unplugged with Steve Nieve tour toooooooooo........simply awesome - Altho HardRock sux for intimate atmosphere, who uses a blender during a concert.........I kid u not...........thankfully it was only the very last song, but it was him singing acapella

I can pick it up for about 26.00 on ebay - buy it now..........I have not seen a better price.

BTW In the immortal words of Dr. Lizardo ---- curse-ah-you Banzai!!!!! for making me spend sooooo much money on 5.1 but I love it

Bonus Points for who said that - and if you are a fan

I was just looking through the SACD catalog of titles and saw this one. Went to Amazon to listen to the Mp3 clips and was immediately reminded of the movie, "Notting Hill." I said to my wife, this music sounds like one of the songs from the soundtrack of Notting Hill. She said, That's definitely the same artist who sang in that movie. Did a search and sure enough, Elvis Costello performed a song entitled "She" on the Notting Hill soundtrack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44tYUs20mTE It has a very similar sound/style to this particular album. Sort of a shame it's not included on this album. Not sure yet if I like it enough to pick it up.

I am gonna necro this thread...............should I buy this as a hug Costello fan from way back.

I am a big Elvis Costello fan since like 79 or 80, I'd like to say I was a big fan from the time I was 2 years old but which would make me a bit younger...................seen him like 4 times, only regret was not seeing him on his Imperial Bedroom tour even though I had the chance. That ALbum would be UNREAL freaking unreal in 5.1

Ok back to the subject, I will probably get this EC North SACD, but I am wondering if anyone here has it or if they heard it, how good or bad it might be?? It's not an album that is gonna rock the house, anything but

It is one of his solo with Steve Nieve on Piano and some Orchestral arrangements. I did see him on the Solo unplugged with Steve Nieve tour toooooooooo........simply awesome - Altho HardRock sux for intimate atmosphere, who uses a blender during a concert.........I kid u not...........thankfully it was only the very last song, but it was him singing acapella

I can pick it up for about 26.00 on ebay - buy it now..........I have not seen a better price.

BTW In the immortal words of Dr. Lizardo ---- curse-ah-you Banzai!!!!! for making me spend sooooo much money on 5.1 but I love it

Bonus Points for who said that - and if you are a fan

For Elvis Costello fans-my little granddaughter loves this! And so do I!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxardpBReQc

I gave this a "6" on here at some point, so I guess it wasn't doing it for me so much back then.. need to give it another listen to refresh the memory :)

did I..!? I can't remember even hearing it, let alone rating it! :p

oh dear.. its "dull dull dull" apparently! :eek: I only commented about it last year (edit: 2012, to be precise) but I've had it longer than that, I must have given it another play before voting last year, I can't rely on my memory with these things. I'll play Trey again over the weekend and give it another crack of the whip.

I was just looking through the SACD catalog of titles and saw this one. Went to Amazon to listen to the Mp3 clips and was immediately reminded of the movie, "Notting Hill." I said to my wife, this music sounds like one of the songs from the soundtrack of Notting Hill. She said, That's definitely the same artist who sang in that movie. Did a search and sure enough, Elvis Costello performed a song entitled "She" on the Notting Hill soundtrack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44tYUs20mTE It has a very similar sound/style to this particular album. Sort of a shame it's not included on this album. Not sure yet if I like it enough to pick it up.

Ima Gonna learn Multi Quote sooooooooooon. Lol - but yeah "She" is a great song and was also released as a single CD. You can pick it up on Amazon or Ebay used, but most listing are from the UK. It was also on EC's "In Motion Pictures" compilation CD.

Back