Has anybody heard Zorro or Gag soundtracks(MC SACDs)?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keenly

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I've had the Gag on pre-order (we'll see if it materialises this month..) and I found the Zorro SA last July for about £8-10 quid new/sealed, peanuts now compared to the prices it's fetching at the mo. Only played it once since but I remember it being a pretty good surround mix and sound quality being excellent. I'll give it another try later in the week.

I've had the Gag on pre-order (we'll see if it materialises this month..) and I found the Zorro SA last July for about £8-10 quid new/sealed, peanuts now compared to the prices it's fetching at the mo. Only played it once since but I remember it being a pretty good surround mix and sound quality being excellent. I'll give it another try later in the week.

That is a great price for Zorro!

I remember Gag being on Ebay and being available on Amazon through a couple of sellers, now it is available for pre order as you said? I have ordered it myself. Strange as I thought it had been out for many months. I would of loved more Soundtracks in 5.1 such as Omen, Halloween, Gladiator etc. Now we do not even get them as extras on Blu Rays due to costs. I don;t understand this. If a composer owns their own music then they can charge what they want, right? Why is there a standard fee? I am sure Jerry Goldsmith would rather have people here his music than not because of extortionate costs. His estate own the music so why not 5.1 scores on the Blu Rays?

Gag came out a while ago apparently.. and it may well have done, though I've never seen an actual copy. The Amazon UK pre-order may be a re-press (though 500 for an SACD for a tenner seems a bit mad.. how would the label make any money!?). There's an old Gladiator 5.1 SACD afaik from Universal France, though I don't own it so no idea what the surround's like.

V.strange.. I now can't find any mention of the Gladiator OST SACD.. but I'm pretty sure I've seen one or been offered one in the past. I'll keep looking!

I don't know of anyone with that title. Why can't they put files on their site for us to DL? These titles are out of print for goodness sake. I would purchase some 24/88 5.1 files.

BTW Gag OST has been sent out. I will have next week, I hope this is an eerie sounding horror soundtracks as stated.

The Zorro Original Soundtrack has a 5.1 Multichannel SACD mix conducted by the film's composer James Horner, who also co-produced the album.
It is definitely a 5.1 release - quite a bit of low end/subwoofer activity on this SACD. And it's definitely in Surround, no ambient mix here. As you would expect from a
James Horner soundtrack, lots of action and excitement on this one. A lot of fun!

As to finding a copy of the Zorro SACD these days, we should list it in the Multichannel SACD Rarities thread. It's pretty hard to find for a decent price.

Zorro SACD - 40p.jpg
The Legend of Zorro Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Music Composed & Conducted by James Horner (Sony Classical, Hybrid Multichannel SACD, SH 76226)

Received Gag today; standard CD. Amazon have mistakenly listed this as SACD when in fact they only have the CD of it!

Received Gag today; standard CD. Amazon have mistakenly listed this as SACD when in fact they only have the CD of it!

Unfortunately Amazon has been known to do that from time to time. That's why I'm skeptical when they are the only place an album is listed as being available on SACD.

I'm sorry to hear about that but I am thankful for the info, just cancelled my Amazon pre-order as a result.. thought it was too good to be true, seeing as it never appeared on SACD in the first place (8 years ago!).

Back