Rob Reed (Magenta mastermind) Sanctuary, solo album in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirmation of content as follows:
24/96 5.1 & stereo in MLP.
DTS 96/24 5.1 (why did they turn it back asswards?) and also LPCM 24/96 stereo.
3 promo films, all with 16/48 LPCM stereo soundtrack.

Put it this way - if you are a fan of the first 3 Oldfield albums (Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn), this is a must buy record.

The version I play tested was 48k DTS and it sounded astonishing, so the hi-res should be mind-blowing!

Put it this way - if you are a fan of the first 3 Oldfield albums (Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Ommadawn), this is a must buy record.

Couldn't agree more, Neil. For those who don't know or haven't worked it out yet Rob is a huge fan of Mike. Rob's surround mixes are, imho, easily on a par with SW but there's something extra special about this one. I think it's to do with the "fan" thing. This record is an out-and-out, "heart on sleeve" tribute to that and it's done with such obvious delight, care, love and attention to detail that it really shines.

OK I'm in then just ordered you are just too convincing

I've just pre-ordered only £11 a bargin for what will be a great album. Magenta was a band I discovered via QQ, great music and 5.1 mixes :bounce

I just found out about them!

We are also looking at both Seven & Chameleon in high res.......hopefully for release.

Excellent! :banana: I was wondering what had happened to that little project. Any discussions on Metamorphosis? That was my favourite Magenta album up until "The Twenty Seven Club" which raised the (already high) bar once again.

btw it's o nice to see Rob and Magenta getting some new following as a result of his surround mixing. He really believes in the format and has become imho one of the best at it. "Sanctuary" is going to blow people away! :)

Rob just sent me the MLP 96/24 of this to play test and let me tell you that it's absolutely stunning! The clarity, detail and finesse is a joy to hear and makes interplay between the instrumentation and their positioning in the surround field really sparkle. It has loads of warmth and almost breathes, it's so clear. I've been sat all the way through with a huge grin on my face as it's easily up there with the top four or five surround discs I have ever heard on my system (including the 2L ones) Reference quality.

Rob Reed and Neil Wilkes may well be a surround dream team!

Rob just sent me the MLP 96/24 of this to play test and let me tell you that it's absolutely stunning! The clarity, detail and finesse is a joy to hear and makes interplay between the instrumentation and their positioning in the surround field really sparkle. It has loads of warmth and almost breathes, it's so clear. I've been sat all the way through with a huge grin on my face as it's easily up there with the top four or five surround discs I have ever heard on my system (including the 2L ones) Reference quality.

Rob Reed and Neil Wilkes may well be a surround dream team!

Man these pre-orders are piling up! Patiently waiting for this one too. Thanks, Neil :sun

Back