Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...this album had several hits, right? "Head Over Heels" I remember a little fondly, "Shout" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" somewhat less so.

Curious is this notation: "and in a first for a pop album, a 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson..."

I'm not sure what is meant by that statement, but what the hell, if this happens, I'm in.

ED :)

Interesting...this album had several hits, right? "Head Over Heels" I remember a little fondly, "Shout" and "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" somewhat less so.

Curious is this notation: "and in a first for a pop album, a 5.1 surround sound mix by Steven Wilson..."

I'm not sure what is meant by that statement, but what the hell, if this happens, I'm in.

Mothers Talk also got a lot of airplay as they actually played that song before the album came out but it was on the album

I

This reference may be this being the lone POP record (so far) that SW has mixed as he generally chooses projects within the prog rock oeuvre.

From QQ deep space

They should let Steve go back and do a 5.1 treatment of The Hurting.

This reference may be this being the lone POP record (so far) that SW has mixed as he generally chooses projects within the prog rock oeuvre.

From QQ deep space

Or the projects choose him. There definitely needs to be consensus on both ends to make it happen.
But I would consider this not the first 'pop' project he's remixed as the first would be XTC.

What's greatly encouraging about this is (unless I'm mistaken)...

1.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on Universal records,
2.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on HFPA Blu-ray..

Can SW's 5.1 of Roxy Music on HFPA Blu-ray be far behind now (since Universal gobbled up EMI/Virgin)..?
In essence, I'm hoping this isn't a one off.

What's greatly encouraging about this is (unless I'm mistaken)...

1.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on Universal records,
2.) It's the first Steven Wilson 5.1 mix to appear on HFPA Blu-ray..

Can SW's 5.1 of Roxy Music on HFPA Blu-ray be far behind now (since Universal gobbled up EMI/Virgin)..?
In essence, I'm hoping this isn't a one off.

Caravan was the only one I can think of on Universal, but that was handled very poorly...
If a 5.1 mix of 'Roxy Music' exists, all we can do is be patient and hope it eventually sees the light of day. (Holding of breath not encouraged...) ;)

Caravan was the only one I can think of on Universal, but that was handled very poorly...
If a 5.1 mix of 'Roxy Music' exists, all we can do is be patient and hope it eventually sees the light of day. (Holding of breath not encouraged...) ;)

D'oh! Silly me! :slap: Land of G&P was Dullby Dirgeitall yeah (nice mix though!).,

still, 1st SW appearance on an HFPA! (Lord knows they needed him about a year ago, things looking slightly rosier HFPA-wise now!).

My money was on 'The Seeds of Love' but this is just as good. :)

I'm hoping that 'Mothers Talk' in particular ends up as massive in 5.1 as I think it will.

D'oh! Silly me! :slap: Land of G&P was Dullby Dirgeitall yeah (nice mix though!).,

still, 1st SW appearance on an HFPA! (Lord knows they needed him about a year ago, things looking slightly rosier HFPA-wise now!).

Universal should hire SW to do all their titles!

I need to order this BDA but I can only find it on Bullmoose and they don't do international orders...

I can't remember who suggested it (fredblue?) but someone 12 months back posted that SW needed to be employed to do HFPA surround titles. Looks promising, although I'd not want him to stop writing and performing his own music!!!

My take on XTC: Not Pop. So Songs From the Big Chair is SW's first pop release.

I need to order this BDA but I can only find it on Bullmoose and they don't do international orders...

I can't remember who suggested it (fredblue?) but someone 12 months back posted that SW needed to be employed to do HFPA surround titles. Looks promising, although I'd not want him to stop writing and performing his own music!!!

My take on XTC: Not Pop. So Songs From the Big Chair is SW's first pop release.

I imagine you will be able to get that title....just not right away...they will widen the distribution network...of course you will probably have to pay a premium for it...

I can't remember who suggested it (fredblue?) but someone 12 months back posted that SW needed to be employed to do HFPA surround titles. Looks promising, although I'd not want him to stop writing and performing his own music!
my take on XTC: Not Pop. So Songs From the Big Chair is SW's first pop release.

acousticsounds I pre-ordered there, but no info on mixes

Back