Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are probably 15 threads like this already here, and they are about as useless as that thread is.

We can all browse the "Quad Discography" and pick out the albums we want re-released, but without the cooperation of the labels and the artists, we can scream at maximum volume and nothing will happen.

It all comes down this forumula: (Does it still exist/Did it ever exist) + (Can they get it (artist/label)) + (Has it been previously released) / (Will it sell in 2015)

The biggest splash they could ever get, IMHO, would be if they released UNRELEASED mixes of popular albums. That's the ticket. Be it unreleased quad or unreleased SACD/DVD-A titles.

We all know them. That's where the money is.

We all saw what happened when the released "Aretha's Greatest Hits".

Your best bet is to send requests for the Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACDs to Audio Fidelity. As Jon notes, there are many factors in what actually gets released. But you never know what might be possible.
The good news is more Multichannel SACDs from Audio Fidelity are planned in the year ahead.

In the meantime, enjoy the ones out now - and of course get ready for The Guess Who and Blood, Sweat & Tears in 4.0 Multichannel SACD!

Carpenters Now & Then would be my 1st choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall drops by QQ and reads some of the threads here. So feel free to suggest away on QQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything that was on CD-4 but has never been re-released in surround, Joni Mitchell, Jefferson Starship, there are a few Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Jackson Browne et al. The Quad Discography is great to find all the ones you wished you'd bought!

Anything that was on CD-4 but has never been re-released in surround, Joni Mitchell, Jefferson Starship, there are a few Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Jackson Browne et al. The Quad Discography is great to find all the ones you wished you'd bought!

In just that CD-4 mould, I suggested Average White Band's AWB Quad in that SHF thread :)

As to future AF Mch requests...

Well, how about some 70s soul & disco?? Columbia recorded a bunch of The Isley Brothers in Quad, right? Live it Up, Go For Your Guns, Harvest... would be most welcomed by this listener.

As far as I am concerned, the whole Soul Train can come on board the Mch Express...... The Bee Gees, Chic, Sister Sledge, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson - Off the Wall, Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Roberta Flack, Stevie Wonder, Wild Cherry, George Duke, KC and the Sunshine Band, Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes...

Last edited:
This is exactly how I feel.

I get in these debates with 2-ch fanatics all the time over there. Every time I mention that a certain SACD would ALSO sound great in Mch, some clown comes on all paranoid screaming that Mch is sacrilege because it destroys the purity & essence of the original recording. Some of them even seem to think I am campaigning for the end of 2-ch stereo or something. But...notice that I said "a certain SACD would ALSO sound great in Mch." "Also" being the keyword here. Nobody is calling for the end of 2-ch stereo, so where do they get these ideas?

The whole market for recorded music is absolutely flooded with 2-ch stereo. There are tens of... even hundreds of 2-ch stereo versions readily available of the same recordings. How many different 2-ch stereo versions do these people need!!? They often say I am addicted to Mch. But... I wonder who really has the problem with addiction.

You hit the nail on the head about "an improved 2-ch experience just doesn't cut it." If they want an improved listening experience, Mch offers the biggest improvement available!

:51banana:

Suggest away here on QQ. The ideas will be reviewed by the AF folks and who knows, you could hit the jackpot with a suggestion. :)

If it's stuff that's already been released, I'd like to see Chicago Transit Authority reissued (I missed that one) and Marvin Gaye's What's Going On.

Unreleased but mixed, I'd like to see/hear Fleetwood Mac S/T (aka white album) and Paul Simon's Graceland.

I was impressed that Child is Father to the Man was released, which was a very good call (and a decent mix, nice work Al!)

As to future AF Mch requests...

Well, how about some 70s soul & disco?? Columbia recorded a bunch of The Isley Brothers in Quad, right? Live it Up, Go For Your Guns, Harvest... would be most welcomed by this listener.

As far as I am concerned, the whole Soul Train can come on board the Mch Express...... The Bee Gees, Chic, Sister Sledge, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson - Off the Wall, Quincy Jones, Aretha Franklin, Roberta Flack, Stevie Wonder, Wild Cherry, George Duke, KC and the Sunshine Band, Curtis Mayfield, Isaac Hayes...

Oh yes! A gazillion percent (1,000,000,000,000 % !!!) on the Isley Quads (and don't forget the O'Jays' Quads!) especially as the Q8's of Isleys & O'Jays are rare! (Message In The Music very uncommon).. I'm not holding my breath but I'd love more soul and R&B in surround out there, good call! (y)

Jean-Luc Ponty-Cosmic Messenger ..a 5.1 mix that's stored somewhere...(hopefully)

Oh yes! Plus the oodles of other unreleased Warners 5.1's (The Cars, several Joni Mitchell albums, Chicago X, Deep Purple's Burn, David Sanborn, Christopher Cross) and EMI's unreleased 5.1's including Alphonse Mouzon's Mind Transplant.. the list of unreleased 5.1 mixes of superb albums is huge!

More Quad suggestions..

Janis Ian - Between The Lines,
Chicago - All the Q8's after CTA,
Johnny Mathis - I'm Coming Home,
Bob Dylan - Desire,
Neil Diamond - Serenade,
Janis Joplin - Pearl,
Best Of The Doors,
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Gold,
Justin Hayward & John Lodge - Blue Jays,
Art Garfunkel - Breakaway,
Bette Midler - The Divine Miss M.,
Walter Murphy Band - A Fifth Of Beethoven,
Issac Hayes - Shaft,
Four Tops - Keeper Of The Castle, Main Street People, Meeting Of The Minds,
Edgar Winter - They Only Come Out At Night, White Trash, Shock Treatment,
Rick Derringer - All-American Boy, album w/Edgar Winter,
America - Hearts, Holiday,
Black Sabbath - Paranoid (done properly this time!),
The Stylistics - G.Hits,
Jeff Beck - Wired.

Some Country-Western would be a hoot for Lute!

Johnny Cash
Ray Price
Lynn Anderson
Tammy Wynette
George Jones
Charlie Rich
Dolly Parton
Pure Prairie League
Charlie Pride
Dottie West
Seals and Crofts
Loggins & Messina

Unreleased Quads would be their most anticipated release, if they can get the rights and tapes as Rhino seemed to be pursuing....Allman's "Brothers and Sisters" I hope to see prior to sweet death.
Otherwise, for mass appeal of the previously released quads........ Chicago/Best Of, War/Best Of, Bread/Best Of, bound to get more sales than one off picking a single album out of their repertoire. Paul Simon or S&G would be sellers.
Personal wishes: the early Steely Dan's, Lennon "Imagine", Court and Spark, Focus "Moving Waves", Jackson's "Late for the Sky" (I live in hope that The Pretender was mixed to quad....). Jefferson Airplane/Starship. I'd say Loggins & Massena and others too, but very good conversions exist that would be hard to improve upon! John

Back