Bryan Adams - Reckless (5.1 Remix by Bob Clearmountain)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave a quick listen to Reckless this afternoon. My instant reaction after a minute into the first song, was "OK, good, this is good". As I clicked through other songs, it was a little more hit and miss in terms of my immediate reaction.

You know, sometimes, you INSTANTLY are blown away by the mix of some discs. This one didn't hit me that way. I already know that whenever someone puts up a POLL - I will not be voting 10. I may not even be voting a 9. Something tells me I will call it an 8...but I certainly need more thorough listens to come to conclusion. I suspect that some songs I will like the way they sound better than others.

Yeah, of course - it does sound better than any CD I've heard of Reckless. So, in that way....it's good. Worry not gang.....if you like Reckless, I think you'll enjoy it. But, IMO it's FAR from a reference surround mix, that's for sure.

I won't be able to listen to this intently until tomorrow, but damn this sounds so much better than I remember upon first listen (still with some lingering limitations of what sounds like some 80s production muddying things up, maybe?). For the two songs I listened to closely, the rears seemed to be used to good effect for reverb and keyboards. More later.

and man, I had forgotten how many songs off of this album got radio airplay.

I won't be able to listen to this intently until tomorrow, but damn this sounds so much better than I remember upon first listen (still with some lingering limitations of what sounds like some 80s production muddying things up, maybe?). For the two songs I listened to closely, the rears seemed to be used to good effect for reverb and keyboards. More later.

Your last comment is exactly correct. Rears are mostly reverb and keyboards. Maybe the reverb is what (to some degree) caught me off guard. This disc might be a creeper.....

Oh boy, I got my Pure Audio BluRay today! Will listen to it tonight :) This should be amazing.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I create backups of all my 5.1 discs on my PC, e.g. in FLAC. Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs (both the 5.1 mixes and the 2.0 bonus tracks) to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.

Oh boy, I got my Pure Audio BluRay today! Will listen to it tonight :) This should be amazing.

In the meantime, I wonder if I could ask you guys for your help... I create backups of all my 5.1 discs on my PC, e.g. in FLAC. Unfortunately, I don't have a BluRay drive and thus I cannot make FLACs from this disc. Have any of you transferred the songs (both the 5.1 mixes and the 2.0 bonus tracks) to FLAC, and would you be willing to share?

I definitely have the original BluRay and this would be for backup and to listen from PC. Jon, if my post breaks the rules, please go ahead and delete.

With the number of blu releases I'd suggest buying a blu-ray disk drive. They are under $100.

Can somebody please point me at a place where I can actually buy this that is not Amazon?
I have looked everywhere but cannot find it at all, and Amazon are permanently boycotted from 3 months ago now.

I have several hundred surround discs in all formats that I have accumulated since 2004 and this is the only disc that will not play anymore on any of the 8 dvd player I have.
I get a message that there is no content available, since I cannot go back to relisten and from memory it wasn't impressive (if it was I would repurchase it) so a 7 it is.

I have several hundred surround discs in all formats that I have accumulated since 2004 and this is the only disc that will not play anymore on any of the 8 dvd player I have.
I get a message that there is no content available, since I cannot go back to relisten and from memory it wasn't impressive (if it was I would repurchase it) so a 7 it is.
It’s a Blu-ray. So maybe that’s your problem?? ;-)

Back