Listening to now...in fake Quad!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front.jpg

24 bit HDTracks version in all channel stereo

Could any of you guys advise as to what's the best sounding CDs of Robin Trower's 70's albums please? (especially the funky stuff like Long misty days etc) I have a Chrysalis CD "Portfolio" collection from the 80's I think, doesn't sound that bad but always feel it could be bettered.. don't we all feel like that? :eek:

Yes he could...Bridge Of Sighs is WAY up there on my list of wishful hi-rez treatment....come on Mr Wilson...you can't tell me that he didn't love that LP....

Isn't it funny....all of us have our "special" discs we wish were in hi-rez and we'd likely pay top dollar for. If someone told me I could get Bridge Of Sighs done up by Wilson....I'd easily pay $100 for it....seriously....it just holds that place in my heart.

Could any of you guys advise as to what's the best sounding CDs of Robin Trower's 70's albums please? (especially the funky stuff like Long misty days etc) I have a Chrysalis CD "Portfolio" collection from the 80's I think, doesn't sound that bad but always feel it could be bettered.. don't we all feel like that? :eek:

I have this one and enjoy it...it has 2 albums on it...I wanted Bridge of Sighs and the other album was a bonus...here are the numbers...it was made in England in 1996...if you use the amazon ASIN number you can find it on amazon uk...

JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE 2007 VERSION of Bridge Of Sighs...the numbers took a dive on that "remaster"..

Autumn - Edgar Winter Group (from They Only Come Out At Night)

This sounds very good in PL II....I can only imagine a proper Quad mix....

001.JPG

Notice the SPAR CODE AAD...

If you get the double cd I linked you will be assured of getting the right mastering of the disc...because they only made that "two fer" for one year 1997..I got a used copy that looked brand new for $21.00 on the us amazon site...the amazon uk listing is HERE

Isn't it funny....all of us have our "special" discs we wish were in hi-rez and we'd likely pay top dollar for. If someone told me I could get Bridge Of Sighs done up by Wilson....I'd easily pay $100 for it....seriously....it just holds that place in my heart.

Bridge of Sighs really jams...and the song Day Of The Eagle from Twice Removed From Yesterday is another classic tune

Autumn - Edgar Winter Group (from They Only Come Out At Night)

This sounds very good in PL II....I can only imagine a proper Quad mix....

I couldn't get anything decent out of the old Epic CD (EK 31584) or the MFSL SACD of They Only Come Out At Night when fiddling with PLII, which mastering and what settings did you use?

(I hope AF work their SACD magic on all the Edgar & Johnny Winter Quads.. there's a lot of them!) :D

Back