ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like it (at all) but I'm bored of discussing its many flaws (unlike me not to want to rabbit on but.. really it sucks, I'm done.. I prefer the old A&M CD I bought for peanuts years ago). If it had been a 5.1 remix from the multi's, different story..

I did make a comment (somewhere) regarding the top end of the Download version that came out not too long ago. It sounded decent enough but the top end sparkle seems to be MIA. I'll have to do a comparison again with it and the original vinyl album.

Ahhhhh! I just put on Roxy Music....More Than This......my wife says she doesn't know the song....

WTF????

Whaaaaaaaaaa - next thing you be telling us she not know who KC & Sunshine Band is :cool:

Cmon AF dig up those Quad KC & Sunshine masters...........Snood know they exist :howl

Whaaaaaaaaaa - next thing you be telling us she not know who KC & Sunshine Band is :cool:

Cmon AF dig up those Quad KC & Sunshine masters...........Snood know they exist :howl

No doubt my man - I would pay good money for some KC in Quad....whoa. That would be so fun...

I mean just for the wife...otherwise you got some Don Henley...Shoeless Joe..Rod Stewart...James Taylor Gorilla...

I listened to all those....just didn't get a chance to comment. Gorilla is killer. Shoeless Joe....didn't care for the music too much...sounded good though. Don Henley sounded very good....not as good as JT though. Mod Rod. I need to listen to that again....didn't listen to all songs.

I listened to all those....just didn't get a chance to comment. Gorilla is killer. Shoeless Joe....didn't care for the music too much...sounded good though. Don Henley sounded very good....not as good as JT though. Mod Rod. I need to listen to that again....didn't listen to all songs.

Don't forget, every picture tells a story. :D

When I picked up the Zombies SACD I started thinking about another group...and a sound...the Merseybeat...the band was Gerry And The Pacemakers..like the Beatles in several ways...they came from Liverpool...they were managed by Brian Epstein..and recorded by George Martin...but they did something the Beatles didn't do...there first 3 single recordings were #1 hits in the UK....a record that stood for 20 years...this weeks song that I can't get out of my head is...
Like me some Gerry & The Pacemakers! I think my favorite is:

[video=youtube;qN-8oFU3yIg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN-8oFU3yIg[/video]

It must have been on The Beatles Anthology that George Martin was discussing that he actually gave The Beatles first right of refusal on this tune as he knew it would be a hit. They refused and G&TPM took it to number one. The Beatles version is on Anthology CD 1, disc 1 which is also quite good, and likely would have been a hit for them too IMO. I think the FabFour chose to do one of their own instead, 'She Loves You' IIRC, which of course also went on to number one.

Actually, Love Me Do was the Beatles song that was released in place of the aborted How Do You Do It. Although Love Me Do didn't chart as high as How Do You Do It. Please, Please Me, their next single did go to #1 and precipitated the recording of an album of the same name.

...It must have been on The Beatles Anthology that George Martin was discussing that he actually gave The Beatles first right of refusal on this tune as he knew it would be a hit. They refused and G&TPM took it to number one. The Beatles version is on Anthology CD 1, disc 1 which is also quite good, and likely would have been a hit for them too IMO. I think the FabFour chose to do one of their own instead, 'She Loves You' IIRC, which of course also went on to number one.

In the early 80's, I first heard the Beatles do How Do You Do It. I've always liked the version by Geriatric & the Pacemakers. The Beatles' version is still rather good, although their hearts weren't in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back