ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the early 80's, I first heard the Beatles do How Do You Do It. I've always liked the version by Geriatric & the Pacemakers. The Beatles' version is still rather good, although their hearts weren't in it.

Funny you should mention that name...the group was called Gerry Marsden and the Mars Bars...but the Mars Company(with their chocolate bars)complained and the band changed their name..

The cover of the first (EDIT; Oops, actually second, self titled) Free album was, shall we say, risque. :D

My friends and I used to walk down the street doing the Freddy and singing either "Do the Freddy" or "I'm Telling You Now". We didn't care if people looked.

Doug

Reginald Kenneth Dwight, formerly of Pinner, turned 68 today.
Unknown.jpeg

View attachment 17768

"Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid.." :banana:

Sigh.. bless him.. getting old ain't what it used to be.. gotta admire his indomitable spirit, tenacity and lust for life! Pacemakers, deaf aids, hairpieces, face lifts.. is there anything left of the original Reg? Now he's Sir FrankenElton of Pinner! :ugham:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR ELT..!!! :wave :woopie

Last edited:
View attachment 17768

I saw Sir Elton Monday night in Vegas. It was his 100th performance of The Million Dollar Piano at Caesar's Palace. Fun, nostalgic show with plenty of technical and visual pizazz worthy of Vegas. It was basically a greatest hits show with a few surprises. Adam - you'll be pleased to know that he performed a couple of duets with the great Ray Cooper (Better Off Dead & Indian Sunset!!). Perhaps my favorite moment was Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters which featured Davey's beautiful mandolin work.

View attachment 17768

One of my alltime favorite concerts is this one..its right up their with Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles..it's a greatest hits concert that's around 3 hours long...and he does Empty Garden which is a rarity for him...if you buy the disc just skip the hokey birthday announcement in the middle of the performance...

hehe - yeah. I don't like the BD event either...makes me squirm.

One of my alltime favorite concerts is this one..its right up their with Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles..it's a greatest hits concert that's around 3 hours long...and he does Empty Garden which is a rarity for him...if you buy the disc just skip the hokey birthday announcement in the middle of the performance...

I saw Sir Elton Monday night in Vegas. It was his 100th performance of The Million Dollar Piano at Caesar's Palace. Fun, nostalgic show with plenty of technical and visual pizazz worthy of Vegas. It was basically a greatest hits show with a few surprises. Adam - you'll be pleased to know that he performed a couple of duets with the great Ray Cooper (Better Off Dead & Indian Sunset!!). Perhaps my favorite moment was Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters which featured Davey's beautiful mandolin work.

Wonderful! (You know me so well.!!) ..2nd time I went to see EJ raising money for the organ at the opera house was a show with Ray (1st fundraiser there was with orchestra).. they did Crazy Water, Better Off Dead.. just fab.. though I'll never forget when he announced at the Odeon "we're going to do something from Blue Moves we haven't done since 1976.." and just as I thought 'great he's doing Sorry Seems To Be.. again.. and forgotten he's been doing it every gig since 76, he suddenly launched into BITE YOUR LIP.!!! :yikes

(and yes, we all got up and danced, danced, danced..!!!) :banana:

Had the dreaded tax appointment today. When the question came up about having purchased a car in the past year, she mentioned that they had newer cars and that neither one had CD players and how that was a hassle because they still buy and like CD's.

spectral_mornings_charity.jpg

Spectral Mornings - I've just come across this, and ordered it, all the profits to Parkinson's Society UK.

Rob Reed curates a Progressive supergroup performing a version of Steve Hackett's transcendent Spectral Mornings. Featuring a line-up of Rob Reed, Steve Hackett, Nick Beggs, David Longdon, Christina Booth and Nick D'Virgilio, all profits go to Parkinson's Society UK.

1. Spectral Mornings 2015
2. Spectral Mornings 2015 - Acoustic Mix
3. Spectral Mornings 2015 - Instrumental
4. Spectral Mornings 2015 - Classic Mix

Only £5.99! http://www.spincds.com/radio-jellyfish-vinyl-lp-44909

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back