HiRez Poll Spears, Britney - IN THE ZONE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Britney Spears - IN THE ZONE

• Total voters
This is also my new favourite. The lead vocals, the strong background vocals, and the constant electronic beat all combine to make an excellent surround experience. This is another stellar example of how high-res 5.1 will turn otherwise meaningless and forgetable music into something you just love hearing again and again.

You guys are scaring me....

If I get this this, it will top The Corrs - In Blue for the title of "The disc that I've purchased in surround sound that I'd never EVER consider in stereo".

My wife can't believe that I got The Corrs, she'd freak if I got this.

BTW has anyone confirmed if the dualdisc is the same mix - noting differences listed above?

You guys are scaring me....

If I get this this, it will top The Corrs - In Blue for the title of "The disc that I've purchased in surround sound that I'd never EVER consider in stereo".

My wife can't believe that I got The Corrs, she'd freak if I got this.

BTW has anyone confirmed if the dualdisc is the same mix - noting differences listed above?

Apparently the DualDisc is Dolby.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?4930-Britney-Spears-In-The-Zone-(DualDisc)

This one is surprisingly good on DVD Audio. Excellent Surround Sound mix. Worth hearing even if the music isn't your cup of tea.

As for the comments about the Dual Disc being in Dolby Digital 5.1, you get a taste of that on the two Music Videos on the DVD Audio.
Comparing the same songs in Video + DD 5.1 vs. DVD Audio, well - quite a big step up on the DVD Audio versions.

that'll explain why I hate the DualDisc so much!
it's a crap mix in a crap format in a crap lossy codec!

I just thought it was a case of "me against her music"..!! :D

I found the DualDisc of this for $7.00. I *vaguely* remembered people giving this a good review. Then I put it on to see how good it was. What? Is this a Silverline disc? What gives?

Then I found this thread. Yep. The DualDisc is stereo with *some* of the instruments in the ambient rear channels. Completely a waste of money and time. ugh.

I know I'm like... I dunno...5 years late to the conversation but I have to add my thoughts.

This is the single most aggressive and experimental 5.1 mix I have ever heard. This is one of the few that I have heard that doesn't have the lead vocals on all 5 speakers at one time. The engineer, Chris Haynes, even went as far as separating harmonies on tracks. Anyway, I could go on and on about the small nuances on this disc but thats not why i'm here.

I NEED TO FIND THIS DVD-A AGAIN. I have recently purchased the DualDisc and really wish I would've done my research first because that disc does NOT have the same mix as the DVD-A.

Does anyone have a copy they would be willing to sell? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I would really like to have it in my collection of 5.1 mixes. I'm not going to lie, this album was not only mixed well for 5.1 but the songs weren't half bad. Kudos to those producers for making her music worth listening to. Also, this was the last album where she actually sang more complex melodies. The albums after this slowly turned into more club driven, 4 on the floor, robotic, tunes.... which I still like but IN THE ZONE was experiemental with down-tempo grooves, worldy sounds, and TOXIC. Who doesnt love TOXIC?

I know I'm like... I dunno...5 years late to the conversation but I have to add my thoughts.

This is the single most aggressive and experimental 5.1 mix I have ever heard. This is one of the few that I have heard that doesn't have the lead vocals on all 5 speakers at one time. The engineer, Chris Haynes, even went as far as separating harmonies on tracks. Anyway, I could go on and on about the small nuances on this disc but thats not why i'm here.

I NEED TO FIND THIS DVD-A AGAIN...
What happened to the one you used to have?

I NEED TO FIND THIS DVD-A AGAIN. I have recently purchased the DualDisc and really wish I would've done my research first because that disc does NOT have the same mix as the DVD-A.

Does anyone have a copy they would be willing to sell? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I would really like to have it in my collection of 5.1 mixes. I'm not going to lie, this album was not only mixed well for 5.1 but the songs weren't half bad. Kudos to those producers for making her music worth listening to. Also, this was the last album where she actually sang more complex melodies. The albums after this slowly turned into more club driven, 4 on the floor, robotic, tunes.... which I still like but IN THE ZONE was experiemental with down-tempo grooves, worldy sounds, and TOXIC. Who doesnt love TOXIC?

Well, if you have about $137.43, you can buy it on Amazon. :)

Well, if you have about $137.43, you can buy it on Amazon. :)

ISNT THAT NUTS?! I've looked there and I just don't get it. It's good.... but seriously?! I don't even feel like Britney as a human being is worth $137.43.

Not sure. I have the case and sleeve and everthing... but the DVD is missing. Still looking.

I was fortunate enought to rip the audio in using DVD-AE so I have all the channels separated.... but I still want the dvd. Ya know?

Alright, with some mixing wizardry and some dvd-r's, I was able to burn at least the audio portion of this disk onto a new dvd. Sounds amazing! This really is one of my fav 5.1 mixes I have. I made my partner listen to the album with me in 5.1. He hates Britney more than anything and he admitted, the 5.1 experience was really fun and the music on this album is not your typical Britney stuff. Anyway, glad to have at least the audio portion! I can live without the videos.

Oh man. I really honestly don't want to touch this, but reading through this thread makes it really hard to resist. It's just, I usually have people around me since I live with roommates, and I just can't risk anybody finding out I listen to Britney Spears o_O

I might cave. Eventually.^^

Oh man. I really honestly don't want to touch this, but reading through this thread makes it really hard to resist. It's just, I usually have people around me since I live with roommates, and I just can't risk anybody finding out I listen to Britney Spears o_O

Haha!! :D Put your speakers in brown paper bags? (no-one will ever know!) :ugham:

hahah! Trust, it was not easy coming out.... but for the sake of a really great 5.1 Mix, I'd consider it. The problem is finding a copy of it now. It's crazy expensive... like, we're talking Sinatra at the Sands DVD-a Expensive. I don't get it, honestly, beside the fact that not many were made. I do have the album in a series of mp4's that contain the 5.1 mix. I have burned them onto a data dvd and play it just fine on my dvd player. It sounds AMAZING. Britney fan or not.

hahah! Trust, it was not easy coming out.... but for the sake of a really great 5.1 Mix, I'd consider it. The problem is finding a copy of it now. It's crazy expensive... like, we're talking Sinatra at the Sands DVD-a Expensive. I don't get it, honestly, beside the fact that not many were made. I do have the album in a series of mp4's that contain the 5.1 mix. I have burned them onto a data dvd and play it just fine on my dvd player. It sounds AMAZING. Britney fan or not.
Sinatra At The Sands is worth something now? Hmmm.

This is the single most aggressive and experimental 5.1 mix I have ever heard. This is one of the few that I have heard that doesn't have the lead vocals on all 5 speakers at one time. The engineer, Chris Haynes, even went as far as separating harmonies on tracks.
Chris Haynes was Chief Engineer of Production at 5.1 Entertainment (more known to us under brand Silverline)
i do remember back at beginning 2000s when all those DVDAs just started to appear,i was digging in all available sources for an info and bumped on
the info 5.1 Entertainment has signed some deal with Castle for licensing, remix into surround and reissue their catalog. but according to past releases
of Silverline seems that never materialized.

Try getting the Dualdisc version - Snood got lucky a week ago and found it for 5 bux in great condition on Discogs, just got it in the mail today. It does have the 5.1 mix

Snood not a Britney fan, but with the reviews here, willing to check out the mix on the cheap :51banana:

Back