Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not fair to AF to make this comparison. That label obviously didn't give it (multichannel audio) a chance to succeed. Plus, AF is being true to their base customers by giving them an improved two channel product, in addition to a the surround stuff that we all dig! I think they have exceeded any of our expectations, obviously, and hopefully they will continue to do so. No need to worry. If they stay on this course they will succeed and we will be fine.

I completely agree. 2 releases from Quadio as opposed to 15 releases (including 5.1) from AF.
They have been the best thing for surround sound since Steven Wilson. :)

(BTW if anyone wants to order the Doors disc direct from AF, don't bother. It's currently sold out along with "Child is Father to the Man")

I completely agree. 2 releases from Quadio as opposed to 15 releases (including 5.1) from AF.
They have been the best thing for surround sound since Steven Wilson. :)

(BTW if anyone wants to order the Doors disc direct from AF, don't bother. It's currently sold out along with "Child is Father to the Man")

Completely agree. It's incredible what they've been putting out. I just need to dig up the money to catch up on all of those... Just ordered Streetlife Serenade. Doors and Homecoming are next in line...

Plus, they're making sure we keep those old PS3s occupied ;-)

I was glad to see most (all?) of the discs are still available on Amazon... I managed to get Streetlife Serenade for 36 CAD tax included. Cheapest option I've seen.

Plus, AF is being true to their base customers by giving them an improved two channel product, in addition to a the surround stuff that we all dig!
That's the key thing. The remaster by Hoffman is probably the main product, and the Quad is a --probably cheap-- add-on that opens another market. Well thought out.

Just finished listening to THE DOORS-THE BEST OF THE DOORS .This is going to be a hard act to follow for A.F.Great quad mix by Botnick!

But for my money I wouldn't mind a little RCA quad such as: JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, THE GUESS WHO, or HARRY NILSSON.

I'd be curious to know what AF would think about issuing SACDs of titles previously released by Mobile Fidelity, once Mobile Fidelity's license to the title had expired. It appears that MoFi's SACDs of What's Going On and That's the Way of the World are now out of print and starting to fetch inflated prices on eBay. I would assume that would mean that MoFi's license for these titles will soon expire, if they haven't already.

Presumably, a lot of people who bought MoFi's versions wouldn't see the need to purchase an AF reissue if they're the sort of people who only buy SACDs for the high-res and don't have an interest in surround. Would the addition of the quad mix to the surround layer create enough of a demand to warrant an AF version of these titles?

I'd be curious to know what AF would think about issuing SACDs of titles previously released by Mobile Fidelity, once Mobile Fidelity's license to the title had expired. It appears that MoFi's SACDs of What's Going On and That's the Way of the World are now out of print and starting to fetch inflated prices on eBay. I would assume that would mean that MoFi's license for these titles will soon expire, if they haven't already.

Presumably, a lot of people who bought MoFi's versions wouldn't see the need to purchase an AF reissue if they're the sort of people who only buy SACDs for the high-res and don't have an interest in surround. Would the addition of the quad mix to the surround layer create enough of a demand to warrant an AF version of these titles?
I think both of those titles would be poor sellers. I wouldn't buy either one. And isn't the Gaye title out on Blu-ray Audio now?

ATTENTION MODERATOR

I spent a great deal of time and effort "sleuthing/searching" for the info regarding FREDBLUE'S assertion that Rothchild mixed the doors Quad title.I undertook this task because FREDBLUE is not in the habit of misinformation and his credibility is sound.

Today I find all references (posts on this thread) have been eliminated! Without my agreement I might add.I value all opinions on the QQ website, unless their is a deterioration, name callling, curses etc.

But in this instance I do believe we were both respectful of one another and quite diplomatic.

I appeal to you as moderator to reinstate those posts.There was a lot of learning-research for all the benefit of QQ members not just us two.

thankfully-derek

ATTENTION MODERATOR

I spent a great deal of time and effort "sleuthing/searching" for the info regarding FREDBLUE'S assertion that Rothchild mixed the doors Quad title.I undertook this task because FREDBLUE is not in the habit of misinformation and his credibility is sound.

Today I find all references (posts on this thread) have been eliminated! Without my agreement I might add.I value all opinions on the QQ website, unless their is a deterioration, name callling, curses etc.

But in this instance I do believe we were both respectful of one another and quite diplomatic.

I appeal to you as moderator to reinstate those posts.There was a lot of learning-research for all the benefit of QQ members not just us two.

thankfully-derek

Calm down.
Those posts were apparently moved to this thread: "Best of Doors" 4.0 SACD and Joe Cocker "WALHFMF" Stereo SACD from AF (June 2015)
This thread we are currently in is all about suggesting titles for release by Audio Fidelity as Surround SACDs, and despite that, we do tend to go off topic a pretty good bit within this thread, at which time a mod will relocate the posts to a more appropriate thread.
That's all this is, so no reason to believe your views and posts are deliberately being silenced and deleted. The mods have just found a more appropriate place for them to live. :)

Calm down.
Those posts were apparently moved to this thread: "Best of Doors" 4.0 SACD and Joe Cocker "WALHFMF" Stereo SACD from AF (June 2015)
This thread we are currently in is all about suggesting titles for release by Audio Fidelity as Surround SACDs, and despite that, we do tend to go off topic a pretty good bit within this thread, at which time a mod will relocate the posts to a more appropriate thread.
That's all this is, so no reason to believe your views and posts are deliberately being silenced and deleted. The mods have just found a more appropriate place for them to live. :)

A "heads up" next time please.

Like I said, not just my views but all parties.So when I see only my original post..........well what would anyone think.And FREDBLUE is always credible in my observations.

Thankyou for your response

ATTENTION MODERATOR

thankfully-derek

Those comments are in The Doors section as they relate to that album.

I asked and Marshall says "we never say never". Which is to say that once the license to another reissue label expires, then the album is a possibility for an Audio Fidelity SACD release.
So you never know.... :)

I asked and Marshall says "we never say never". Which is to say that once the license to another reissue label expires, then the album is a possibility for an Audio Fidelity SACD release.

Why would they wait for a license to expire? Analogue Productions doesn't. Both AP and MOFI have all the Stevie Ray Vaughan titles still in print. And how about Pet Sounds.. not that the AP version has come out yet. They're going with EZ listening releases currently and holding off on the Beach Boys.

Well, then in regards to my response to the title of this thread....That's the Way of the World and What's Going On have just moved into the top ten of my list! :music

Those comments are in The Doors section as they relate to that album.
No your missing the post where I researched and found where the confusion regarding "Rothchild's quad attempts" as stated in the Vault tour notes from Hoffman.So I guess some were deleted, SOL I suppose.

Why would they wait for a license to expire? Analogue Productions doesn't. Both AP and MOFI have all the Stevie Ray Vaughan titles still in print. And how about Pet Sounds.. not that the AP version has come out yet. They're going with EZ listening releases currently and holding off on the Beach Boys.

On SRV, Mobile Fidelity has the individual albums - Analogue Productions only sells the boxed set. Those are likely different licenses.

I'd love to get the APO SACD box set but can't stomach the price.
Hopefully it will show up on PopMarket some day like the Norah Jones did.

No your missing the post where I researched and found where the confusion regarding "Rothchild's quad attempts" as stated in the Vault tour notes from Hoffman.So I guess some were deleted, SOL I suppose.

Thankyou for fixing the problem, moderator

We probably don't appreciate your commitment to your task enough, and I graciously bow to your efforts.Thankyou again, most humbly

derek

Thankyou for fixing the problem, moderator

We probably don't appreciate your commitment to your task enough, and I graciously bow to your efforts.Thankyou again, most humbly

derek

Back