Loggins and Messina - Self-Titled - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD (September 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
There's rumblings that Loggins and Messina are being selected for future SACD issue. No idea which titles are possibilities, but my gut says Full Sail could be it. Of course the S/T album was also mixed to quad.

Now that's a group I haven't heard mentioned in a long time...for some reason when their name comes up I also remember Seals and Crofts..another duo from the 70's...I'd love to have summer breeze in hi rez:music

The Full Sail album has been done as an audiophile release on a Direct Disc Labs "SUPERDISC" LP, and as a MFSL gold CD. And how these labels love going with tried and true evergreens, I'd go with that as my hunch.

Now that's a group I haven't heard mentioned in a long time...for some reason when their name comes up I also remember Seals and Crofts..another duo from the 70's...I'd love to have summer breeze in hi rez:music

Ditto! I thought the same thing when I saw the post, strange that the two bands seem to merge in the mind. You never know maybe we'll get Summer Breeze one day?

From Mark Anderson's list: http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadform.htm

LOGGINS & MESSINA -
Full Sail. Columbia PCQ-323540 (SQ)
Loggins & Messina. Columbia PCQ-31748 (SQ), CBS/Sony SOPN-43 (SQ) [Japan]
Native Sons. Columbia PCQ-33578 (SQ)
Sittin' In. CBS/Sony SOPL 30 (SQ) [Japan]
* Your Mama Don't Dance B/W Thinking Of You. Columbia JBQ 507 (SQ45) {Special Coin Operator release}

SEALS & CROFTS -
Diamond Girl. Warner Brothers BS4-2699 (CD4)
I'll Play for You. Warner Brothers BS4-2848 (CD4)
Summer Breeze. Warner Brothers BS4-2629 (CD4)
Unborn Child. Warner Brothers BS4-2761 (CD4)

Yesterday, while hanging up laundry in our utility room, I swear an epiphany came to me: Full Sail on 4.0 SACD. Please make it reality.

Full Sail is a FANTASTIC album. I've owned it on cassette, 2 SQ LP's (one of which is sealed awaiting a new turntable, Korvettes sticker in tact), Q8, 1/2 speed LP, dbx LP, CD and MoFi Gold CD. I've helped to make it evergreen and would be first in line for an SACD. Most of my spins have been in Quad, although the dbx LP is absolutely stunning! (disclaimer: a dbx decoder is REQUIRED!)

We went to see them at Northerly Island (Chicago) on their reunion tour. I've also seen Kenny Loggins solo a dozen or so times. That being said, Jim Messina is one of the most under appreciated people in rock.

Oh man - L&M would be superior in Quad. (as would S&C of course....)

I think it's a given AF have tried to license the Quads, if they've been successful (and if they're in the vault, both of which being Sony are highly likely, from what Mr.Moura has said Sony are seemingly v.co-operative with AF in their Surround endeavour, plus their archives seem to be very well curated) I say bring it onnnn...!!!
(I was just about to buy Full Sail SQ LP, holding off now until the Hoff or AF make an announcement!)

Bravo! Thanks RT! I'm on for this if its got the Quad!

(Was this the first of their albums to get the Quad treatment or was it Full Sail that was Quad-ized first and then they went back in time like HG Wells?) :D

I was just looking at the Amazon website and they have Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits and Loggins & Messina (S/T) listed for release on September 18. Doesn't say whether they are quad or not. The label is AF.

I was just looking at the Amazon website and they have Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits and Loggins & Messina (S/T) listed for release on September 18. Doesn't say whether they are quad or not. The label is AF.

I ain't sayin' shit! :)

Those are two GREAT titles! I'm definitely in for those.

My only real issue is that on Sly's Greatest Hits, the remix engineer used the Piano track on "I wanna take you Higher" instead of the organ track. Yeah, nit picking, I know.... but the funktacular organ playing is what makes the song. The piano is playing virtually the same notes, but it just don't float the mustard. Also, I really hope they fix the channel locations on Sly. There are 1 or two songs that are all over the place and make more sense with the vocals in the front. Bmoura!! Please mention that to whoever does the transfer if it hasn't already been done!! :yikes

I can't recall any specific Logins & Messina songs though I do remember the artists. I need to do a refresh prior to the SACD release.

SEALS & CROFTS -
Diamond Girl. Warner Brothers BS4-2699 (CD4)
I'll Play for You. Warner Brothers BS4-2848 (CD4)
Summer Breeze. Warner Brothers BS4-2629 (CD4)
Unborn Child. Warner Brothers BS4-2761 (CD4)

I'd love to see a 'best of' Seals & Crofts quad SACD release compiled from those albums :banana:

Back