Dual Disc DualDisc Surround Listing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Koo Koo Koo - anyone looking to expand their collection or check out some new tunes..........alot of these can be had for a few dollars now on amazon, ebay or half.com

Snood went thru and picked out about 6 or 7 with reviews from here and only spent about 20 to 25 bux if that. Couple of them were like 1 cent plus shipping 2.99 to 3.99 - think the most Snood spent on one was 6.57 which included shipping.

In case ya wondering:

Eric Clapton- Back Home
Five for Fighting - Battle for Everything
Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman
Rob Thomas - Something to Be
Richard Thompson - Old Kit Bag - Snood no likey the voice but love the guitar
Train - My Private Nation
Springsteen - Devils & Dust
Bowie - Reality

Already had like 7 or 8 other Dualdisc titles already............Loved the Keane - hopes and fears (at least the 1st half) and some of the heads oh and the Boz

What is funny, is a year ago i went thru this list and went meh nah meh nah no meh no......

I just went thru again and went yeah wow koo ya yeah.........damn u 5.1!!!

do urself a favor - look for reviews on these here or on google.........Snood would have bought 2 or 3 more but after reading the reviews went umm nah..........

Still took a chance on Springsteen anyways

Check this sheeeeeeeeeet out now :banana:

Koo Koo Koo - anyone looking to expand their collection or check out some new tunes..........alot of these can be had for a few dollars now on amazon, ebay or half.com

Snood went thru and picked out about 6 or 7 with reviews from here and only spent about 20 to 25 bux if that. Couple of them were like 1 cent plus shipping 2.99 to 3.99 - think the most Snood spent on one was 6.57 which included shipping.

In case ya wondering:

Eric Clapton- Back Home

Have and enjoy the EC disc. Seem to recall that some aren't so happy with a happy Eric though it might be a different disc I'm thinking of. On a fun note the crying on So Tired has made us look at each other when the toddler is taking a nap during the day.

In case ya wondering:

Eric Clapton- Back Home
Five for Fighting - Battle for Everything
Ben Folds - Songs for Silverman
Rob Thomas - Something to Be
Richard Thompson - Old Kit Bag - Snood no likey the voice but love the guitar
Train - My Private Nation
Springsteen - Devils & Dust
Bowie - Reality

Already had like 7 or 8 other Dualdisc titles already............Loved the Keane - hopes and fears (at least the 1st half) and some of the heads oh and the Boz

What is funny, is a year ago i went thru this list and went meh nah meh nah no meh no......

I just went thru again and went yeah wow koo ya yeah.........damn u 5.1!!!

do urself a favor - look for reviews on these here or on google.........Snood would have bought 2 or 3 more but after reading the reviews went umm nah..........

Still took a chance on Springsteen anyways

Check this sheeeeeeeeeet out now :banana:

You might want to try this when you get the Devils & Dust DualDisc..

1.) Boost the rears and centre to just below their absolute max (+8dB on my AVR, where +10dB is Max.),
2.) Lower Front L&R and sub approx 50% from where you have them calibrated (so for this disc I set both Front L&R and LFE -4dB on my AVR, which equates to a whopping 12dB lower than centre and rears)..
.. and you get a rather nice surround mix on all but Track 9.

oh and on the Rob Thomas DualDisc the rears need raising (y)

"One side the Devils & Dust disc is a 5.1 mix of the whole album plus the live videos (which are intimate and good). Because the album has sparce instrumentation the surround is also spare but it's there. The album has a number of good songs on it, especially the title cut......" Thanks for the review, one that I never picked up during the way back years as it was available everywhere, but for $5 shipping included, I'll give it a go. Now if I could only find the Old Kit Bag and Document dualdiscs at that price....... John

"One side the Devils & Dust disc is a 5.1 mix of the whole album plus the live videos (which are intimate and good). Because the album has sparce instrumentation the surround is also spare but it's there. The album has a number of good songs on it, especially the title cut......" Thanks for the review, one that I never picked up during the way back years as it was available everywhere, but for $5 shipping included, I'll give it a go. Now if I could only find the Old Kit Bag and Document dualdiscs at that price....... John

There's much more going on in the 5.1 mix on Devils & Dust than it first appears... if you lower the levels of the seemingly mega-boosted fronts and LFE (by about -50% apiece from your normal settings) and raise levels of rear and centre channels (by approx +80% from where you normally have them set) you'll find a pretty good surround mix.

This one got seriously messed up in mastering or authoring imho.

I've mentioned it here several times, nobody seems too bothered about it which is a shame as it's not half bad and worth adjusting to make the most of the mix that's there.

Just found another DualDisc 5.1DD disc right on my own patch:yikes. Ok it's only three tracks but it still amazes me this 2005 release has not been mentioned yet. Alex LLoyd - Alex LLoyd Sony Australia. Discrete elements. Alex LLoyd and 5.1 fans should be interested. Please add this one as I am trouble logging in to spreadsheet.

Just found another DualDisc 5.1DD disc right on my own patch:yikes. Ok it's only three tracks but it still amazes me this 2005 release has not been mentioned yet. Alex LLoyd - Alex LLoyd Sony Australia. Discrete elements. Alex LLoyd and 5.1 fans should be interested. Please add this one as I am trouble logging in to spreadsheet.

Done.

I found another dualdisc with 3 songs in 5.1. But I hate to mention it.
The music is nonsense. I paid $1.12 and that was way too much.
Appologies the the artist, but I did not like it at all.
Andrew Liles, Ouarda (the subtle art of phyllorhodmancy)

vinylguy4

image.jpg

I picked this up for $5, not expecting much and... WOW! I was blown away.
A Hair Metal DualDisc with an actual discrete 5.1 mix and decent rock n' roll.

Here's a review for anyone interested...http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/10289/Brides-Of-Destruction-Here-Come-The-Brides/

I just received a copy of Alan Parsons' A Valid Path Dualdisc and to my surprise, it arrived in a regular cd case with no info on the dualdisc itself on the inserts. Is this the way it was done or did I receive the dualdisc with the incorrect packaging/inserts? Thanks

I just received a copy of Alan Parsons' A Valid Path Dualdisc and to my surprise, it arrived in a regular cd case with no info on the dualdisc itself on the inserts. Is this the way it was done or did I receive the dualdisc with the incorrect packaging/inserts? Thanks

Mine is in a cd case as well. The booklet doesn't say anything about the dvd capability but a sticker was placed on the inside of the first page of the booklet that refers to a CD Side and a DVD Side. Under the DVD Side info it states the entire album recorded in 5.1 surround; video interviews; 2 live performances plus more including Easter Eggs - Turn It Up video and The Time Machine video.

So obviously they realized the print omission and added the stickers to make up for it.

Mine is in a cd case as well. The booklet doesn't say anything about the dvd capability but a sticker was placed on the inside of the first page of the booklet that refers to a CD Side and a DVD Side. Under the DVD Side info it states the entire album recorded in 5.1 surround; video interviews; 2 live performances plus more including Easter Eggs - Turn It Up video and The Time Machine video.

So obviously they realized the print omission and added the stickers to make up for it.

Gotcha, thank for the information, guess they didn't add that sticker to my booklet ;)

Hi All,
Great work by many here in putting together an excellent dual disc reference source! I know this thread hasn't been commented on for over 3 years but there's something I'm wondering about regarding the Bela Fleck & the Flecktones- The Hinden Land release.
In the google spread sheet started by Suko, it shows it as a DD 5.1 ( with some notes regarding SQ & surround.) In photos, I'm seeing on the back of case it says the DVD side is 'Enhanced PCM Stereo' with no mention of surround sound. For those that have this, is there a 5.1 surround on the dvd side? ...was there more than one type of dualdisc release on this?
I don't have this title myself, I can't actually play it but am considering purchasing it.
Thank you to everyone here for making this such a great discussion group.

Hi All,
Great work by many here in putting together an excellent dual disc reference source! I know this thread hasn't been commented on for over 3 years but there's something I'm wondering about regarding the Bela Fleck & the Flecktones- The Hinden Land release.
In the google spread sheet started by Suko, it shows it as a DD 5.1 ( with some notes regarding SQ & surround.) In photos, I'm seeing on the back of case it says the DVD side is 'Enhanced PCM Stereo' with no mention of surround sound. For those that have this, is there a 5.1 surround on the dvd side? ...was there more than one type of dualdisc release on this?
I don't have this title myself, I can't actually play it but am considering purchasing it.
Thank you to everyone here for making this such a great discussion group.

I don't have it either, but I think the note is indicating there are 3 "bonus" tracks that are in surround, but are only reverb.

Back