Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muscle is a bit underrated imho - it's good solid Coop album and with the quad mix included it's an easy choice for me....hit the "add to cart" button.

Muscle is a bit underrated imho - it's good solid Coop album and with the quad mix included it's an easy choice for me....hit the "add to cart" button.

Fourth one always gets me, Crazy Little Child. I'll wait for reviews before buying but this is classic as far as I'm concerned.

ya good album but killer 4.0 would be dare I say it KILLER

Judy Collins is going to be on Later Live...........with Jools Holland on BBC2 at 10pm Tuesday & the extended programme at 11:35pm on Friday.

The advance word I got on this title (last Sunday) is that the original tapes sound amazing, stereo and of course the QUAD! Everybody seems excited about this one including AF.

Where is there anything about a Sittin' In SACD?
Don't see it on Amazon.

Have the Colors QR conversion. We'll see if the new release makes it shine.

As for Muscle -- would you believe all this time I thought only my cardboard LP sleeve had the spillage on it? What a maroon. Good album with one terrific track -- The Man with the Golden Gun. Not just a favorite Coop cut, but one of the best Bond themes ever. Passed over in favor of some forgotten Lulu steamer, of course. Crank it up and blow it out in quad!

Add to cart.
+2

As a teenage delinquent, I mean good kid, my favorites were Big Apple Dreamin' and Never Been Sold Before. Now so many years later I like Working Up a Sweat and the title track more.

So there are four right there I like a lot, add Golden Gun, Crazy Child, Hard Headed Alice, and the others and you have a really strong album. There are no duds one must skip over here imo.

Throw on 4-Channel Discreet Quadraphonic Sound and this one will be my favorite 4.0 from AF so far.

I discovered something the other night I was playing the Earth Wind & Fire SACD, and it sounded really nice. But it was not until I turned it up a bit loud did it open up and really shine. So I am thinking that this Muscle of Love SACD is going to need to be played loud the first time I play it. Loud enough that one would think I'm trying to break my apt. lease.

My stereo just does not have good enough speakers that they sound great at low volume. Bit they do handle loud levels with no breakup at all.

I'm not putting it on until I can kick back and blast away the clouds.

Last edited:
Import CD's link looks flaky.
In any case, it's secondhand.
The horse's mouth, Audio Fidelity, shows nothing on it.
I'd think if there were anything coming, they'd offer a pre-order right on the site.

Import CD's link looks flaky.
In any case, it's secondhand.
The horse's mouth, Audio Fidelity, shows nothing on it.
I'd think if there were anything coming, they'd offer a pre-order right on the site.

Importcds tends to wait until sooner to the release date to post detailed information...in sharp contrast to amazon which tends to post things that lack details and prices that are more "ball park" estimates than real prices

As for Muscle -- would you believe all this time I thought only my cardboard LP sleeve had the spillage on it? What a maroon.
+2

well yes it is a stain but it not spillage per say, cooper albums always have a play on words or images, being this is a G rated site let's just say what your referring to has to do with a " Muscle of Love"

Here's today's announcement of the December Multichannel SACDs from Audio Fidelity.

Muscle of Love from Alice Cooper and Colors of the Day: The Best of Judy Collins.

Both SACDs feature Stereo and Surround Sound transfers and remastering from the Analog Quad Tapes from Warner Music to DSD by Steve Hoffman and Stephen Marsh at Stephen Marsh Studios.

New AF - December.jpg

Back