Sittin' In by Loggins and Messina: Audio Fidelity Hybrid Stereo SACD (Jan 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While disappointed that this is not quad, I'm almost relieved as my addiction to surround coupled with all of these upcoming multichannel releases is breaking the household bank. Hmmmmmmmm, but this may be a must-have even in stereo SACD. Help me. :mad:@:

I can absolutely positively tell you all that the AF SACD indeed has all 12 tracks on the disc.

Thanks again.

Can you tell us if the upcoming release (1/22/2016) from Audio Fidelity "Loggins and Messina: Sittin' In: Limited Edition SACD" will be Multi-Channel/Stereo or only Stereo?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Thanks again.

Can you tell us if the upcoming release (1/22/2016) from Audio Fidelity "Loggins and Messina: Sittin' In: Limited Edition SACD" will be Multi-Channel/Stereo or only Stereo?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sergio Perez-More

Stereo only. :(

I think Brian has confirmed this in another thread.

Hmm, seems to be doing quite well sales wise.

# 9 on the Hybrid Stereo SACD sales chart at Acoustic Sounds.
And back ordered at Import CDs.

What do others here feel about the sound quality of the SACD of Sittin' In; I've listened to it in various formats (including the SACD, early CDs, good LP conversions etc.?) I was listening closely for a possible Up-mix for that title, and it always seems to come out somewhat muddy, and decodes to surround fairly poorly. It seems, IMO anyway, that it was recorded that way and may be on the master tapes as such. Perhaps that is another reason a Quad version never materialized.

What do others here feel about the sound quality of the SACD of Sittin' In; I've listened to it in various formats (including the SACD, early CDs, good LP conversions etc.?) I was listening closely for a possible Up-mix for that title, and it always seems to come out somewhat muddy, and decodes to surround fairly poorly. It seems, IMO anyway, that it was recorded that way and may be on the master tapes as such. Perhaps that is another reason a Quad version never materialized.
I found the SACD to be variable in sound quality depending on the track. For example, Vahevala has what I would call "dirty" sounding cymbals.

Back