Spectrum - Billy Cobham & Thrust - Herbie Hancock - Audio Fidelity Quad SACD (Feb 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems strange they would be shipped to the distributor nearly a month before it's release date.

That release date is flexible....some of the boutique shops like Acoustic Sounds and Elusive Disc get them earlier...and it's no coincidence that both of those are charging the full retail price...whereas places like importcds...deepdiscount...and bullmoose will get them later and sell them at a discount rate...I don't have a problem with it..it's worth it for me to wait...some want it earlier and don't mind paying full retail..in my case I took advantage of a sale at DeepDiscount(thanks Ralphie)..and my total price with shipping AND tax for Spectrum and Thrust was $44.99...now if I purchased just those 2 from acoustic sounds it would be $70.74 as they charge $10.78 for shipping(even for 1 SACD)..so there is a difference of $25.75....acoustic sounds is a good place to deal with...but I pick my spots with them...I make sure I buy enough to get free shipping ($89)and wait for discounts...or if it's a title that I can't get anywhere else...btw the present price at importcds is $20.82 for Spectrum HERE..for those that want the title quickly Elusive Disc charges about half as much for shipping as acoustic sounds and they should have Spectrum tomorrow HERE

Strange that Audio Fidelity's own website still has the titles listed as coming soon. You'd think the label's own store front would have stock before anyone.

Strange that Audio Fidelity's own website still has the titles listed as coming soon. You'd think the label's own store front would have stock before anyone.

Awhile back, in one of my emails to Marshall Blonstein I did comment that the Audio Fidelity website was NOT current and eliminated some upcoming titles......since, rectified (at least to a point).

They probably received the Thrust and Spectrum SACDs from Austria ahead of schedule and not listing them as 'available' on their website was simply an oversight.

ImportCD, Deep Discount, etc. are listing the two SACDs as available on February 26th.

Awhile back, in one of my emails to Marshall Blonstein I did comment that the Audio Fidelity website was NOT current and eliminated some upcoming titles......since, rectified (at least to a point).

They probably received the Thrust and Spectrum SACDs from Austria ahead of schedule and not listing them as 'available' on their website was simply an oversight.

ImportCD, Deep Discount, etc. are listing the two SACDs as available on February 26th.

I talked to Marshall about this. He confirmed that Audio Fidelity has the Thrust and Spectrum SACDs.

Their policy is to make them available to distributors and resellers first - before they are made available on the Audio Fidelity web site.

Discs are out there and the polls are up. Please listen to these discs a few times before you start raving about them!!! :)

Just ordered both from Music Direct. 12% discount on orders $49.99+ and free shipping (and no tax to California). Can't wait for the Billy Cobham. I LOVE that album.

importcds has run out of Cobham already ($20.00) so my shipment of that title will be delayed... they shipped the rest of the order though (and it said in stock on the checkout page).

Music Direct shows "awaiting repress" for the Cobham titlle, so I guess AF already ran out of 'em.

importcds has run out of Cobham already ($20.00) so my shipment of that title will be delayed... they shipped the rest of the order though (and it said in stock on the checkout page).

Music Direct shows "awaiting repress" for the Cobham titlle, so I guess AF already ran out of 'em.

I've been waiting months and months for the repressing to appear for sale of Spectrum. AF could be losing sales by having this title "out of stock" for so many many months.

I am glad it sold well, but it being MIA for so long is not exactly good for it's sales potential, being that the time frame is sort anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been waiting months and months for the repressing to appear for sale of Spectrum. AF could be losing sales by having this title "out of stock" for so many many months.

I am glad it sold well, but it being MIA for so long is not exactly good for it's sales potential, being that the time frame is sort anyhow.

Back