Sly & the Family Stone Greatest Hits - 4.0 Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD (October 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone receive their replacement disc yet?

No, and as a Platinum subscriber I'm kind of pissed about that.

There are plenty of people on the Hoffman Forum that have received the corrected discs. Maybe the squeaky wheels get helped first?
I suspect they're planning to save on shipping and send to subscribers with the next regular shipment (Bob Dylan presumably). Which is OK, just let us know.

i can't vote on this until I hear the corrected disc. The number wouldn't be pretty if I voted on the first pressing

My -3 copy arrived by mail on Friday.

Only sent one email with my receipt attached. No squeaky wheel needed.

Andy

I want to thank Af for the replacement Sly sacd they sent me. I didn't buy it from them, I bought it from Import cd, but I gave them the info along with the limited edition number on the back.

I was nicely surprised to received my replacement sacd in the mail today.
I have bought 9/10 of what AF has put out on quad. I'll continue too, customer service is very important to me

I hope they printed enough replacement SACDs cause I just went ahead and finally ordered this disc from amazon. I have a feeling it will probably not be the correct pressing, so I'm going to follow the replacement procedure once my copy ships. Hope it all goes smoothly! :)

I touched base with Marshall today, he confirmed my replacement disc is on the way.
He expressed some frustration about the mastering and/or pressing issues because he firmly believes the customer buying AF product should expect their purchase to be error free and they are entitled to complain, it keeps them (AF) on their toes.

Good attitude ?

I hope they printed enough replacement SACDs cause I just went ahead and finally ordered this disc from amazon. I have a feeling it will probably not be the correct pressing, so I'm going to follow the replacement procedure once my copy ships. Hope it all goes smoothly! :)

Is that what one has to do to purchase the correct disc since there is no 'buy' button below the listing on the AF site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that what one has to do to purchase the correct disc since there is no 'buy' button below the listing on the AF site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, although at some point, AF should just be able to sell the corrected copies straight off their website.

I got my replacement disc. I've forgotten what the issue is. Can somebody tell me what was wrong with the previous disc?

The mono mix was off-center (it leaned to the left side instead of being properly centered). No issues on the Quad layer at all AFAIK.

I received my corrected copy as well. (y)

Correct. Similar issues remain on the BS&T and Loggins & Messina discs but unfortunately no plans to re-press them.

I've heard of the BS&T but L&M also has this problem? I must say I didn't notice it, very noticeable on Sly.

Has anyone other than me not received their replacement copy?

I have not yet. But I only sent in the request Sunday night (yesterday). No reply to my email but I can wait a week for a reply, and no reply is fine too if the disc arrives in 5 working days. I'm cool with waiting.

Last edited:
I sent in my replacement email for "Sly" on Wednesday, and someone from AF responded back on Friday to say that they have received my information and will send a replacement disc with the next batch that ships. (whenever that will be, who knows.)

Back