Intervention Records Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Intervention Records is a newly founded audiophile record company which has just released classic band Stealers Wheel's first two albums on LP a few months ago. Now they're about to release these as Hybrid Stereo SACDs. I know we would all love these to come out as Multichannel, but it's not going to happen. Shane is a great guy who is passionate about the products that he puts out. Kevin Gray has remastered these and they sound fabulous.

Don't miss out on them. You'll be happy to rediscover these in superb sound.

SW_Stealers%20Wheel_CD_Front_Mini_zps9j9tgopu.jpg

Intervention Records is a newly founded audiophile record company which has just released classic band Stealers Wheel's first two albums on LP a few months ago. Now they're about to release these as Hybrid Stereo SACDs. I know we would all love these to come out as Multichannel, but it's not going to happen. Shane is a great guy who is passionate about the products that he puts out. Kevin Gray has remastered these and they sound fabulous.

Wow, GREAT find, Simon. Another company producing high quality SACDs. Will HAVE to add this to my collection!

Stealers Wheel on SACD?

That's an artist out of left field....very cool.
I'll get these for sure.
Good luck to Intervention, like many of these small SACD releases it's probably a labour of love, hope it's worth their while financially to encourage future releases.
Have they not done some Joe Jackson on vinyl too? I hope that's a sign of things to come on the SACD front

Stealers Wheel on SACD?

That's an artist out of left field....very cool.
I'll get these for sure.
Good luck to Intervention, like many of these small SACD releases it's probably a labour of love, hope it's worth their while financially to encourage future releases.
Have they not done some Joe Jackson on vinyl too? I hope that's a sign of things to come on the SACD front

Yeah, rang, JOE JACKSON. Night and Day, I'm The man & Look Sharp, please, on SACD.

Stealers Wheel on SACD?

I was at the WAX record show a month ago, ORG Music had a booth. I saw their Sly Stone SACD on their table, I asked how much?
$5.00 was their response. They said they paid a large amount for licence fee and now the SACD is gathering dust on their shelves.
I don't see it for sale widely and I only found it for $30.00 previously.
I hope the Stealers Wheel does better.

vinylguy4

I was at the WAX record show a month ago, ORG Music had a booth. I saw their Sly Stone SACD on their table, I asked how much?
$5.00 was their response. They said they paid a large amount for licence fee and now the SACD is gathering dust on their shelves.
I don't see it for sale widely and I only found it for $30.00 previously.
I hope the Stealers Wheel does better.

vinylguy4

GREAT deal on the Sly for 5 bucks. MusicDirect is currently 'blowing it out' for $20. Ashame that small companies like ORG who attempted to produce high quality SACDs failed commercially but they didn't exactly sell their wares through the 'usual' discount houses, either. AmazonUS used to charge $35 and up for ORG SACDs.

BTW, I have all 8 of ORG's SACDs and there's not a rotten apple in the bunch. I sincerely hope Intervention has learned a valuable lesson from ORG. If the average Joe* can't find it through his favorite (and discounted) retail or internet venues then he won't even know it exists.....but then, again, neither SONY nor the DVD~A producing companies ever properly promoted the 'replacement for RBCD' either and look how miserably those formats failed...to this day, STILL a niche market.

But in 2016 with the physical disc facing a critical juncture for its very existence, good to see some enterprising companies are still producing DVD~A, mch SACDs and even stereo SACDs....and yes, high quality vinyl!

Just a thought: had ORG also licensed the mch layer of RIOT and released it as a QUAD SACD wonder if they might've broken even? My guess: absolutely!

[*but then the 'average Joe' usually doesn't buy hi res physical discs....anyway!]

Just FYI, ORG is a different company from ORG Music. I think ORG Music has only a couple SACDs, ORG had a few more.
Want some confusion, look at both company's Nirvana releases (see discogs).

vinylguy4

Just FYI, ORG is a different company from ORG Music. I think ORG Music has only a couple SACDs, ORG had a few more.
Want some confusion, look at both company's Nirvana releases (see discogs).

vinylguy4

Yeah, I was aware of that. Even SA~CD.net used to screw up the two companies when announcing the latest SACD releases.

BTW, another smallish company producing their first SACD: http://analogspark.com/products/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-sacd-coming-soon?variant=21660392199. At least, ImportCD has it listed as a pre~order.http://www.importcds.com/bat-out-of-hell/888072004450

But ImportCD has the $25 list erroneously priced @ $32.95....thus the paltry discount.

Reissue label Intervention Records is expanding their product line from LPs to Stereo SACDs with the release of Stealers Wheel on July 22.
The SACD will be from a 24/192 PCM tape of the Analog Remaster for LP by Kevin Gray. Authored for SACD by Gus Skinas.

View attachment 26682

http://www.interventionrecords.com/...lug=stealers-wheel-hybrid-cd-sacd-coming-7/22!

Brian, Simon A already started a Stealers Wheel thread. And BTW, they're going to release their first TWO albums in SACD. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...d-Stereo-SACD&highlight=stealers+wheel+thread

Finally bit and ordered Full Sail and The Cars SACD from importCD's. Pretty excited about both. As far as BOC, I'll wait and see what options are out there. If none are presented in the next couple weeks, I'll simply order from Amazon... :)

There is another one you need coming soon HERE...and after that...the one I am REALLY waiting on HERE

I totally support Intervention and will definitely buy both Stealers Wheel SACDs.
But, like the upcoming Meatloaf disc, they are using "old style tip on jackets", whatever they are.
I gather it resembles the MoFi's ? Wouldn't be my choice, but I'll live

I hope it's worth my while too! I have high hopes as the Stealers titles have never been in print on CD in the US, to my knowledge. I've heard that the 2004 Lemon Recordings CDs were from needle drops, but can't confirm. In any case, I like my chances with these!

Thanks Simon, sorry for the delay in replying, but it took this long for the forum to activate me!

I totally support Intervention and will definitely buy both Stealers Wheel SACDs.
But, like the upcoming Meatloaf disc, they are using "old style tip on jackets", whatever they are.
I gather it resembles the MoFi's ? Wouldn't be my choice, but I'll live

I wanted the CD/SACD jackets to be as much like the LP as possible. Old style means printing the art to flat paper, and that gets wrapped around cardboard blanks rather than being printed directly to the jacket blanks. They are film laminated just like my LP jackets, which increases density and makes it more impervious to fading and fingerprints, etc. I think they're really beautiful and in any case, don't care for standard jewel cases. nothing says "CD" to me more than jewel cases. That's just me. But I want these to look and feel as beautiful as my LP jackets. Stoughton just does such a wonderful job, I couldn't be more pleased with what they do and how they do it!

I wanted the CD/SACD jackets to be as much like the LP as possible. Old style means printing the art to flat paper, and that gets wrapped around cardboard blanks rather than being printed directly to the jacket blanks. They are film laminated just like my LP jackets, which increases density and makes it more impervious to fading and fingerprints, etc. I think they're really beautiful and in any case, don't care for standard jewel cases. nothing says "CD" to me more than jewel cases. That's just me. But I want these to look and feel as beautiful as my LP jackets. Stoughton just does such a wonderful job, I couldn't be more pleased with what they do and how they do it!

They do look good.
My comment was meant as a personal preference, not a complaint :)
The super jewel box connotates quality IMO, but then so does the method you have chosen.

My concern is durability with any cardboard type of packaging.
Quite a few of my MoFi SACDs have fine splits on the spine despite meticulous care (I almost never open the gatefolds).
Hopefully this Tip-on process will help.

Like I said, I'm buying no matter what.
Are direct sales an option?
I like to put my money directly into the pockets of the label as a show of support

They do look good.
My comment was meant as a personal preference, not a complaint :)
The super jewel box connotates quality IMO, but then so does the method you have chosen.

My concern is durability with any cardboard type of packaging.
Quite a few of my MoFi SACDs have fine splits on the spine despite meticulous care (I almost never open the gatefolds).
Hopefully this Tip-on process will help.

Like I said, I'm buying no matter what.
Are direct sales an option?
I like to put my money directly into the pockets of the label as a show of support

I was thinking the same thing...pay them directly...I did that with the Vocalion Quad I purchased...instead of using amazon...the funny thing is that Intervention does have a set up for paying them directly for vinyl...click on "buy now" here..maybe if this SACD project works out they will offer it thru their site

Back