Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Gilmour - Rattle That Lock (BD-A)

After reading the disappointing news about the upcoming Pink Floyd release, it's great to have this one to fall back on.

MANY THANKS to Gilmour & Jackson for the music and caring about surround!!!

:wave

Secret Treaties - Blue Oyster Cult (Audio Fidelity Hybrid MultiChannel SACD)

:banana:

:woopie

:smokin

:wave

:nuke

If I have one tiny niggle about this wonderful SACD.. (and this is only an issue since I now put everything on the computer for convenience's sake!) is that the indexing is slightly off in places.. or rather, with relation to where I would have put it in the segues between tracks.. and is especially noticeable when you play one track singly or shuffle up tracks rather than the whole album in one fell swoop in order.. the worst offender for me in this regard is where Harvester Of Eyes goes into Flaming Telepaths (track 6 into 7) where at the end of Trk 6 you've got the little music box or whatever it is tinkling away and it's just a very very minor thing but I would have cut it off abruptly so you go straight in on the opening note of Flaming Telepaths.. but it's small, it's a personal thing. It's a small personal thing. Ahem. :smokin

Graham Nash - Songs For Beginners (DVD-A)

Warming up to this one. Some track do shine though.

I love these songs:

Better Days
I Used To Be A King
There's Only One
Chicago

New dualdisc today:

Stream_zpsvrimvywv.jpg

Ordered it after reading about it in here somewhere - Dutch band and our friend Arjen as produser and mixer - must have been Jan who inspired me. Great disc, melodic metal with female vokalist, very nice surround mix and not to bad sounding - considering only 448 kbps DD.

Closed out my Saturday with some Sabbath.

After listening to Alice Cooper last Friday, well I just had to spin some Sabbath . Excellent Quad mix with Ward's drums at times in the center channel making this a quad-5 ch disc for me anyway, no sub.
It's a shame they did not release more early Sabbath in quad , as this mix is well worth listening to, so well done.(y)

20160917_192333.jpg20160917_192354.jpg

Closed out my Saturday with some Sabbath.

After listening to Alice Cooper last Friday, well I just had to spin some Sabbath . Excellent Quad mix with Ward's drums at times in the center channel making this a quad-5 ch disc for me anyway, no sub.
It's a shame they did not release more early Sabbath in quad , as this mix is well worth listening to, so well done.(y)

View attachment 27292View attachment 27293

Love this post and pic, thank you Fizzy.. but if I may be so bold as to say, that DVD should not be allowed within a million miles of that beautiful CD-4 LP, imho.. it would pollute the vinyl's 4-channel embedded grooves with its multichannel mediocrity.

Listening now to Telarc, SACD, mch, 5.1, very discrete and fun as heck. Junior Brown, "Down Home Chrome". If you are a rock a Billy, country boy, hay seed like me, you'll love this surround disc.

Time for some late night Namlook:

Air V: Jeux dangereux (Dangerous Games) (DTS CD)

Air%20V%20Jeux%20dangereux_zpsj6l1ksc9.jpg

Listening now to Telarc, SACD, mch, 5.1, very discrete and fun as heck. Junior Brown, "Down Home Chrome". If you are a rock a Billy, country boy, hay seed like me, you'll love this surround disc.

That's a good one, Mark. I would love some more rockabilly/blues with a discrete mix. I picked up the Vivino Bros - Blues Band last week. It's not as immersive as Junior's SACD, but still offers some decent jams. Amazon's got some fairly cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Blues-Band-V...F8&qid=1474346572&sr=8-1&keywords=Vivino+SACD

Back