Getting nostalgic going through some of my old catalogs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
I was going through my box of old Quad catalog and I thought I`ll share some with you..

IMG_1263.jpg
IMG_1264.jpg
IMG_1265.jpg
IMG_1266.jpg
IMG_1267.jpg
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg
IMG_1270.jpg

If only I had a good wage at the time.
I had to buy most of my Quad LP`s & Tape from the US. which cost me a fortune.....(n)

Thanks for sharing these!

I'm preparing a list for my order and I'll send it back to you ASAP. ;)

BBQ,

Is that the last catalogue from S.C. ? Or was there one more, maybe a little wider and blue cover, I think.

No matter can u put up page #3 ? If possible.?

fizzy

The bottom one is a shot of the inside of the Sound Concepts catalog. I wore out my copiess back in the '70s. Marked them all up, wrote all over them. They were GREAT!!

Funny how back then I used to look at the reel to reel prerecorded tapes and think that they were too expensive! LOL
They were what, $3 more than the LP or Q8. Damn, times change I guess.

$10 was a lot to a military guy back in 1974/5.

BBQ,

Is that the last catalogue from S.C. ? Or was there one more, maybe a little wider and blue cover, I think.

No matter can u put up page #3 ? If possible.?

fizzy

I bet page 7 of that yellow one has got the Isleys Heat Is On listed in it.. just to make my blood boil that little bit more about it maybe existing/not existing..! :violin

Yes you were right..fizzy.. there was another..

View attachment 27474
View attachment 27475

What I was looking for was the listing of "Jeff Beck with Jan Hammer Live", could've sworn it was in the last book.But.......??

Also not sure if they had the Lou Rawls listing or maybe it was in Scwann's monthly.

Thanks, BBQ !

your a charm, you know. :music. Tossed mine out btw, around 98,99. (Yes well of course). The first one I had was in 75/76 and it had a smear blue, green, yellow cover I think and boy did I ever stock up on Quad discs with that one.Lots of good stuff available then.

fizzling and fussing

...... The first one I had was in 75/76 and it had a smear blue, green, yellow cover I think and boy did I ever stock up on Quad discs with that one.Lots of good stuff available then.

fizzling and fussing

Wore mine out, like I said. :)

SC 771.jpg

What I was looking for was the listing of "Jeff Beck with Jan Hammer Live", could've sworn it was in the last book.But.......??

Also not sure if they had the Lou Rawls listing or maybe it was in Scwann's monthly.

Thanks, BBQ !

your a charm, you know. :music. Tossed mine out btw, around 98,99. (Yes well of course). The first one I had was in 75/76 and it had a smear blue, green, yellow cover I think and boy did I ever stock up on Quad discs with that one.Lots of good stuff available then.

fizzling and fussing

I tried Duncan's Jeff Beck with Jan Jammer Live LP thru the Surround Master in SQ mode and it did bugger all sadly.. but my WLP of Unmistakably Lou is quite nice when run thru SQ.. its different to what the CD does in SQ.. no idea what that's all about but there you go, the catalogue number and dead wax info is the same as the U.S Stereo so maybe just a happy coincidence.. love that album, what a voice he had :eek:

I bet page 7 of that yellow one has got the Isleys Heat Is On listed in it.. just to make my blood boil that little bit more about it maybe existing/not existing..! :violin

You've got a "very astute quad sleuthing " attitude, Freddie .Although the discs I was enquiring about are not listed, Sound Concepts also provided "inserts" sometimes with a catalogue and sometimes via mail .
These were updates since catalogue was published.

Also just because it wasn't listed didn't necessarily mean it was not available as they only show you what they had "presently" in stock.
Those last couple of catalogues do show a dwindling supply of titles, as opposed to the ever increasing supply of their firsts.
They also carried some great discs from Europe at one time. Like most of their titles usually popular selling titles for the most part. Got my CD-4 of Passport-Handmade from them, they also had the two Nektar discs, and I wished they could have got many more. Most especially would of liked the popular European/North American artists released only in Japan, but even they had difficulty with that big wish.

You don't have any of their "inserts" do you, BBQ ?

fizz

You've got a "very astute quad sleuthing " attitude, Freddie .Although the discs I was enquiring about are not listed, Sound Concepts also provided "inserts" sometimes with a catalogue and sometimes via mail .

Also just because it wasn't listed didn't necessarily mean it was not available as they only show you what they had "presently" in stock.
Those last couple of catalogues do show a dwindling supply of titles, as opposed to the ever increasing supply of their firsts.
They also carried some great discs from Europe at one time. Like most of their titles usually popular selling titles for the most part. Got my CD-4 of Passport-Handmade from them, they also had the two Nektar discs, and I wished they could have got many more. Most especially would of liked the popular European/North American artists released only in Japan, but even they had difficulty with that big wish.

fizz

ah thank you Fizzy.. I may be about 40 years late to the Quad party but I'm enjoying the fun with all the partygoers who have been there a wee bit longer :party

Sorry I have some inserts but nothing that would help, I think some may have gotten lost being loose in the cabos

fizz

The old Mags. are interesting
I have kept all of the old Quad Inc. mags myself
Were you in it from the start?

Hi. rustyandi

I most likely started about 1976 there abouts, I was really dabbling in Quad just did not have the money to fulfill my wants at that time.
I`m sort of making up for it now....

The old Mags. are interesting
I have kept all of the old Quad Inc. mags myself
Were you in it from the start?

Last edited:
Back