DVD/DTS Poll Gilmour, David - On An Island [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of David Gilmour - ON AN ISLAND

• Total voters
David Gilmour's Live in Gdansk was filmed in 2006 so I'm certain high definition cameras were employed to film the event as most TV broadcasts were in 2K at the time.

Would love to see this concert and the accompanying 5.1 remix of On An Island released as a stand alone BD~A/V.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_in_Gdańsk

It [Gdanks] is available in HD as a 'fanmade' bluray with official stereo soundtrack.

Voted a 7 for this one. As a huge Floyd fanatic I really enjoyed this album, but not to the extent of listening often, definitely liked it more than other solo albums by Gilmour.

The surround mix is nice, not overly active and seeming just just be missing that “wow” experience some multichannel mixes give. Would love to hear a lossless version next to this to see if it brings more fidelity or natural quality to the recording.....

Hey Guys & Gals,

I am just listening to this one again with the rears only, and it is great! Now that Andy Jackson has properly come to the attention of this forum, I wonder if some of you might enjoy revisiting this mix. It really has plenty of discrete elements, and is probably one of the early surround mixes Andy has done. Still highly recommended if this has flown under your radar.
I like it. Some parts remind me of the instrumental bits on "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast"

Tasteful. A lovely mix and a nice set of songs. Nice and relaxing to just sit and listen. Gilmour is just so smooth and tasteful with his playing - really reminded me sometimes of modern Jeff Beck with incredible accuracy and emotion of bends. The release is a bit odd, but at least it exists.

It's a little after midnight on a Friday evening, i've had a little drink and fancied some nice mellow surround sound and this fits nicely, there is no rock on this album, just chilled brilliant guitar led songs, this is becoming my go-to late night listening album, I gave it a 9 since it's on dvd and not blu-ray, surround mix is pretty great, it's not PF but what is?

It's a little after midnight on a Friday evening, i've had a little drink and fancied some nice mellow surround sound and this fits nicely, there is no rock on this album, just chilled brilliant guitar led songs, this is becoming my go-to late night listening album, I gave it a 9 since it's on dvd and not blu-ray, surround mix is pretty great, it's not PF but what is?
@madscot
The live tour for this album was excellent.
Live in Gdansk has a 5.1 DVD. It's your typical concert mix. Nothing really discrete from the surrounds.
Includes my favorite version of Echoes.
An all star band as well. Most notably Richard Wright (one of his last concerts) & Phil Manzanera

Back