Is this Deep Purple Stormbringer Quad a fake?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh... that albums been released in so many surround formats that I get turned around. But, I thought the SACDs were in 5.1 only (as the Warner Japan version I have is). I forgot/didn't realize the boxed set was the SQ encoded mix and discrete mix. I stand corrected on both then!

well it's a fabulous album and one of those all-time stone cold classics I guess, kinda deserves all the reissues I suppose.. the 40th box is pretty comprehensive and a dinky little set. I imagine it'll get redone for the albums' 50th anniversary, on Blu-ray Audio that will stop working by its 52nd anniversary :eek:

well it's a fabulous album and one of those all-time stone cold classics I guess, kinda deserves all the reissues I suppose.. the 40th box is pretty comprehensive and a dinky little set. I imagine it'll get redone for the albums' 50th anniversary, on Blu-ray Audio that will stop working by its 52nd anniversary :eek:

Maybe,

But Warner just released the remaster (2012) cd and SQ QUAD CD ,2 disc set of Machine Head for 2016 !! (y):sun

Back to the thread-
Maybe they can follow up with a Blu-ray of" STORMBRINGER" . I think it's a very good Quad mix but musically......not one of their best releases.

(I'd jump for joy if they did a Surround mix of their classic disc "IN ROCK" though.)

:yikes

I picked up that 2-CD Machine Head release in the past year, once I discovered it included the entire SQ encoded version of the album. The complete boxed set is scarce to find and asks quite a bit on Ebay when it's listed. I had even asked about the boxed set in person at a Bullmoose store when I heard about it, and they said it was odd that it was out of print so quickly (they said the same year it was released, according to their system). Someday, maybe.

I picked up that 2-CD Machine Head release in the past year, once I discovered it included the entire SQ encoded version of the album. The complete boxed set is scarce to find and asks quite a bit on Ebay when it's listed. I had even asked about the boxed set in person at a Bullmoose store when I heard about it, and they said it was odd that it was out of print so quickly (they said the same year it was released, according to their system). Someday, maybe.

if it's prinarily the Machine Head Quad you're after, you can pick up a used copy of the UK/Euro EMI Hybrid SACD with the Quad in discrete MultiCh form from about £25 quid, makes the DVD in the box set (not to mention the SQ CD) kinda redundant imho :)

Maybe,

But Warner just released the remaster (2012) cd and SQ QUAD CD ,2 disc set of Machine Head for 2016 !! (y):sun

Back to the thread-
Maybe they can follow up with a Blu-ray of" STORMBRINGER" . I think it's a very good Quad mix but musically......not one of their best releases.

(I'd jump for joy if they did a Surround mix of their classic disc "IN ROCK" though.)

:yikes

Stormbringer BD-A would be great (especially if they did a flat transfer or at least a mastering sympathetic to the original 4-ch master.. and kept it in Quad rather than fudging it with a crappy faux Centre etc) but for how long could we enjoy the BD before it started failing..!? ;)

Stormbringer BD-A would be great (especially if they did a flat transfer or at least a mastering sympathetic to the original 4-ch master.. and kept it in Quad rather than fudging it with a crappy faux Centre etc) but for how long could we enjoy the BD before it started failing..!? ;)

My understanding is that they have to put a signal into the centre in order for most players to read. When it's quad, you bet I want it quad, but a centre with very little db's is best .:sun

Deep Purple could surely use "the treatment", most especially for their early catalogue . They keep releasing live 5.1 discs so maybe there's a bit of surround hope.:upthumb

Back