Ok, Pick Just ONE title you REALLY, REALLY WANT IN MC(with conditions)....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't read every post to see if this was mentioned but I was just listening to the Spirit cd Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus and would love to hear it in surround. Sony probably still owns the rights to it and unfortunately they gave up on surround very early.

Didn't read every post to see if this was mentioned but I was just listening to the Spirit cd Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus and would love to hear it in surround.

There have been hints that Twelve Dreams will be one of the Spirit albums licensed by Audio Fidelity for release on Stereo SACD.

One of the biggest dreams of anyone here: The Wall, but not just a typical MCH release: I'm talkin' about a damn Dolby Atmos remix, and the movie on 4K Blu-ray. :D
I just can't pick one, so for the sake of it, I'd say APP's Pyramid and the Powell's orchestral mixes from '83, mixed either by Parsons or Wilson :)

Space Opera's first album, "Space Opera", with its many layers of electric 12-string, vocals, etc., properly remixed from the 16 work tracks, would be an amazingly immersive surround experience.

I heartily second The Wall!!!

One of the biggest dreams of anyone here: The Wall, but not just a typical MCH release: I'm talkin' about a damn Dolby Atmos remix, and the movie on 4K Blu-ray. :D
I just can't pick one, so for the sake of it, I'd say APP's Pyramid and the Powell's orchestral mixes from '83, mixed either by Parsons or Wilson :)

I'm a big fan of Tori Amos. Her album, "Boys for Pele", would be great in 5.1. In fact, I think her entire catalog of music would be a wonderful candidate for 5.1.

"Tales of a Librarian" has a bonus DVD disc where she has a few tracks in Dolby Digital 5.1. The sound is exquisite with amazing bass on the live track of "Pretty Good Year".

Link to video:

Boys For Pele is one of the first albums I picked up after buying my Carver AL-III ribbons speakers near the end of 1995. I saw the Caught a Lite Sneeze video on VH-1 and immediately bought the single first and then noticed they had a preview station for the full album and I had to hear that harpsichord on my new speakers. I ended up buying her previous two albums a few weeks later and have been hooked ever since (although I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed with Native Invader compared to most of her other albums. I hope she's not losing her touch after all these years). I still have the Carvers running (had to tighten the ribbons a few times) and it's now active crossover and "naked" (foam started falling apart so I removed it and painted the grills on the ribbons black along with some metal plates and they look and sound great still.

Some of Tori's songs were in DTS 5.1 on her music video DVD "Fade to Red" including Caught a Lite Sneeze, although they weren't as heavy handed as I would have liked to hear. What I'd really like to hear in 2020-ish is a Dolby Atmos rendering of some of her music. After hearing Mando Diao's Aelita in Auro-3D, Lichtmond 3 - Days of Eternity in Auro-3D, Lichtmond 4 - The Journey in Dolby Atmos and now Booka Shade's "Dear Future Self" in Dolby Atmos, I'm thinking some of Tori's songs could be amazing remixed to Atmos (Choirgirl Hotel and the 1st disc (studio) of To Venus and Back come to mind in addition to Pele. I think my favorite album of hers might just be Scarlet's Walk, though (used to be Pele) as I find myself listening to it more than any other lately. I'm curious to try her music with Involve Audio's decoder (waiting on V3 to come out in January first) and hear what it can do with it in my home theater.

18 pages of people not being able to follow your instructions for listing only ONE title. My choice:
Boston-first LP

The ironic thing is some of the tracks I'd like to hear in 5.1 or greater (Atmos preferably) is already in 5.1 by Tori Amos in DTS (music videos), but they didn't do very much with the surround. So surround is not enough. It has to be well done, IMO and that's just not always the case.

The thread started in 2008 as well. 5.1 is no longer enough, IMO. Dolby Atmos or Auro-3D is vastly preferable at this point. After hearing albums like Yello's Point in Atmos I don't really want to go back to 5.1 album releases. ;)

Now Pink Floyd's The Wall in Atmos would be awesome.... Oh wait. There's the Roger Waters Blu-Ray in Atmos and other than interrupting the concert for film footage about Roger's life/trip, it IS AWESOME in Atmos! :D

So I'd have to go with wanting to hear Pink Floyd's WYWH in Dolby Atmos and I want the guys that did the Atmos mix of Yello's Point album to do the mix as they've proven themselves Atmos worthy, IMO. Guthrie? I didn't even like his 5.1 versions of Dark Side over the Alan Parsons mix. I'd rather hear Alan have a go at it.

Last edited:
Back