SPOTLIGHT RARE QUAD LP'S, TAPES or CD'S

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its not an LP, tape or CD.. but it is Quad and I think it might be rare?

1INbNlG.jpg

e3PRTcN.jpg

Sailing Homeward is also available on Q8.

of that I am aware :)

q5KiOjt.jpg

I had hoped the equivalent DJM LP might be QS encoded but when I ran it thru the Surround Master it gave completely different results from the Promo 45 I just posted about here so I guess its not.

ps. is the Quad 45 a rarity or not?
if it isn't, I will remove the post & pics.

q5KiOjt.jpg

I had hoped the equivalent DJM LP might be QS encoded but when I ran it thru the Surround Master it gave completely different results from the Promo 45 I just posted about here so I guess its not.

Both Quad 45 and Q8 are extremely rare... keep post&pics!!!!!

Both Quad 45 and Q8 are extremely rare... keep post&pics!!!!!

great information, thank you!
I was going to start a unique thread for this Vic Lewis album because it is such an interesting Quad (to me anyway!) even the DJM LP has mention of Quadraphonic on the rear sleeve (but the word "Quadraphonic" is pasted over with some extra blue foil and the word "Stereophonic" instead..!!!!) I will upload a pic here now to show you what I mean.

I came across an article from 71? that said Crewe was going to issue 45's in quad as well . I was thinking perhaps the theme to Barberella .

Although quad I never really enjoyed this disc much, but it is unique .

Like that Shure M24H avatar . :smokin

About a year ago I bid on another Bob Crewe Quad
From Japan and lost
I think it was
Music to watch girls By

great information, thank you!
I was going to start a unique thread for this Vic Lewis album because it is such an interesting Quad (to me anyway!) even the DJM LP has mention of Quadraphonic on the rear sleeve (but the word "Quadraphonic" is pasted over with some extra blue foil and the word "Stereophonic" instead..!!!!) I will upload a pic here now to show you what I mean.

this is the LP in question, looking at the reverse of the sleeve, with the word 'Quadraphonic" pasted over and replaced with "Stereophonic"..;

6Ud5NHO.jpg

1WX5tiE.jpg

9bkJlZA.jpg

ZKYvBSx.jpg

eyECfZy.jpg

Freddery ,

- seems as if DJM was affiliated with PYE Records . Is that association correct ? Or ?

And if so, why on earth didn't PYE or their budget label Marble Arch release any actual quad Donovan ? Beats the hell out of me ?

Buncha old farts addicted to one genre of music I'll wager.:rolleyes:

Andy Justman-Fireman's Polka

Small label out of Wisconsin that issued discs in Dynaquad (DY-4D) and I read QR tapes as well. I was looking at this lp, noticed the K.L. Recording logo and thought where oh where have I seen this ??
Then I remembered R.Scott Varner sent me some DY-4D schematic and at the bottom K.L. Recording Service was mentioned as a supporter .
So yes indeed a sleuthing for some obscure quads which turn out to be a small label releasing in DYNAQUAD ! :D
This disc is 72, but I have info from Audio Magazine that they started in 71----so at least a few discs were issued.

20170720_185238.jpg20170720_185249.jpg20170720_185258.jpg20170720_185321.jpg

q5KiOjt.jpg

The song Who on the b side is not on any of my tapes. Is it on another lp. If not then I guess it would be a rare b side.

Freddery ,

- seems as if DJM was affiliated with PYE Records . Is that association correct ? Or ?

And if so, why on earth didn't PYE or their budget label Marble Arch release any actual quad Donovan ? Beats the hell out of me ?

Buncha old farts addicted to one genre of music I'll wager.:rolleyes:

afaik Pye manufactured and distributed DJMs records and tapes, no idea as to why they never did any rock & pop Quad?

Scott Joplin from Gunther Schuller and gang on a LONDON RECORDS disc.

Cool to me anyways, to see that London Records label with.....quadraphonic. This time SQ but also London Records quad albums were issued in Japan for both CD-4 (as BBQ has shown )and RM .
At the time I was hoping like hell we'd get some....Rolling Stones , awwwww , wishful thinkin though.

20170720_184849.jpg20170720_184921.jpg

Back