ELP Fanfare Box Set (With 5.1 Surround Mixes on Blu-Ray) Coming Soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this out on Friday? I ordered from the Pledge site and see my account has Friday's release date lined out and replaced by 27th October!

Is this out on Friday? I ordered from the Pledge site and see my account has Friday's release date lined out and replaced by 27th October!

Ye of little faith!

-------------------------

Hi all

We have had a couple of concerned customers, so just to clarify the shipping.

All orders before the end of this week are being shipped out this week. This is 1 month ahead of the official release date of 27th October. Orders after this week will be shipped for that official release date.

We hope this clears up any confusion, for which we apologise.

Best
Cecelia
PledgeMusic

you know? I ordered this , but I have the funny feeling that there are going to be issues with the BluRay .... just sayin'.

That's why I'm not ordering it until it's been reviewed by all you rabid QQers.

If the problems with JJ's 2014 DVD-A have been remedied for this release, I'd be inclined to buy this box and sell my ELP DVD-A's. The other thing that intrigues me is the "2016 remaster" of Pictures (still in stereo though. An upmix version would have been nice). My understanding is that last year's 2-disc release of Pictures was just a reissue of the actual 2008 remaster (deluxe edition), so it's not actually a 2016 "remaster", but rather a 2016 "reissue". Since the other albums included here appear to be the same mixes/masters of the previously released DVD-A's, I would assume the Pictures tracks are also the same as last year's reissue and "2016 remaster" is inaccurate. Regardless, the only recording I have of it is a 1996 Rhino remaster CD. If the box set version sounds better, I'll be even more tempted.

I've become wary and weary about continual remastering of older material. New masters are not always better sounding than previous ones, even if they're in hi-res, and music companies keep trying to sell us the same music every few years by throwing in some extras and enticing packaging, and we keep lining up to give them our money again...and again...and again. I'll oblige them as long as what they offer is better than what I have and if the price is reasonable. It remains to be seen whether this offering fits those requirements for me.

Questions. Do we know yet?

1. Did they fix the bass problem on KE9 3rd Impression for the BD, or is this just a repressing of Jakko's mix?

Mine came just now, first thing I did was pop in the blu-ray and check 3rd Impression....no corrections made still basically a Greg Lake bass solo.

A couple other quick notes:
The box came packed very well, no damage though the discs inside were not all in their spots...no big deal.
The package contained an extra small mailing envelope that contained the Pledge exclusive Black Moon rough mixes disc.
The "Unknown Ballad" is on the blu-ray.
The vinyl is all sealed - no turntable here so it's going to stay that way for now.

Error - on the Trilogy portion of the blu-ray they have Abaddon's Bolero in the "extra tracks" instead of the album proper!

Mine came just now, first thing I did was pop in the blu-ray and check 3rd Impression....no corrections made still basically a Greg Lake bass solo.

No surprise there. Since there are now two recent releases of JJ's mix, I fear it will be a very long time before another brave label takes a shot at doing a multichannel mix of this album. I guess I'll be keeping my 2000 DVD-A after all.

Pre-order delivered.
Scans:

36789715383_9cabc7192b_b.jpg

37428429412_05380a1ff4_b.jpg

I had an e-mail on the 27th September saying,

Hi all
We have had a couple of concerned customers, so just to clarify the shipping.
All orders before the end of this week are being shipped out this week. This is 1 month ahead of the official release date of 27th October. Orders after this week will be shipped for that official release date.
We hope this clears up any confusion, for which we apologise.
Best*
Cecelia*
PledgeMusic

As I ordered a while ago I ought to get it soon but I haven't had an email saying its being shipped yet :( So are the early shippings in the USA only?

Nice finds :upthumb, all you need now is the Knife for the Hammond and its the show that never ends!

Minimoog Model D, Omaha music store, late 80s, $300.

M-100 series (Whiter Shade Of Pale, etc.), Lincoln antique store, December 2015, $195.

36790038393_a33c9d1415_n.jpg

The altar of Emerson & Lake (RIP 2016), bless up Carl Palmer, giving thanks for this release.

Well-pleased with the Blu-ray so far...

Can you tell us about the sound quality of the new & unreleased live CDs when you get a chance?

So far:

The 1972 Pocono sounds like a stereo soundboard recording. (Of it's time, with 60 hZ hum, feedback, 1972 dynamic vocal microphones)

The 1977 Old Grey Whistle test is audio only of a broadcast, strictly MONO.
1993 Pop Goes Summer, another video soundtrack, interviews cut with excerpts.
Stereo, but of its time (broadcast quality audio.)

I wonder how Abaddon's Bolero got bounced to the extra tracks on the Trilogy album. Surely someone must have picked that error up!

Back