Audio Fidelity Hybrid Stereo (and Mono) SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next Styx Hybrid Stereo SACD from Audio Fidelity will be Kilroy Was Here.
Now "in the works" according to Marshall at AF.

OK, that's cool. If they released every title from the 70's, I would buy them all. Especially....these...

Equinox (1975)
Crystal Ball (1976)
The Grand Illusion (1977)

I would also add in Cornerstone from 1981 I think it was.

OK, that's cool. If they released every title from the 70's, I would buy them all. Especially....these...

Equinox (1975)
Crystal Ball (1976)
The Grand Illusion (1977)

I would also add in Cornerstone from 1981 I think it was.

I would buy just Crystal Ball the only one I still own on Vinyl, Cassette and CD. (Cassette is in a box in the garage and probably toast).

The next Styx Hybrid Stereo SACD from Audio Fidelity will be Kilroy Was Here.
Now "in the works" according to Marshall at AF.

That’s cool because I think Kilroy was the only album from their hit years (70’s & 80’s) that i never got around to buying

Hmmm well this is where Snood lost interest in Styx - maybe their jumping the shark album :mad:@:

Never gave it a fair shake........was thinking about picking it up on cd to just finish them up...........besides the new one

Soooooooooo maybe might get hmmmm :ebay

But just to be clear - they are not multi-channel. Though I assume you know that. :)

Yea, stereo only is a bit of a bummer. I love so many of these songs - as long as the sq is worthy of SACD, I'm in. :):)

From comments on the SH forum, consensus is they are worth the entry price.

Never seen these. What's the sound quality reputation?

Definitely some great song selections!

Some tracks are pretty decent for 2.0, various artists are good discs to play. I had the Get it On for awhile and like those tracks, sonically its a mixed bag. I prefer 4.0 - 7.1 surround but my wife likes anything pertaining to 70's music. I always looked for Crank it Up, and finding it new at the released price wasn't happening they are going upwards of 60 bucks.

The Pieces of Eight Stereo SACD from Audio Fidelity is excellent, as Stephen Marsh hinted.
Definitely interested in more Styx SACDs from AF and Kevin Gray!

I must admit that....YOU MADE ME BUY THIS !!!!!!! (heh heh heh ;) )

It DOES sound great!!! Really funny seeing my two LP copies...the one from back when it was released and one I got about 10 years ago!...

At last I can hear "Aku-Aku" without IGD or pops...remember that this was a couple of years before A&M started releasing albums on much better quality transluscent vinyl!!!

I must say that the mastering is really good- very neutral!!!!

Quincy Jones, eh?
I applaud AF for going in a slightly diffferent direction on this one.
And being Quincy it’s probably well produced but ultimately a snooze

Jeff Beck's Truth is available for order at importcds....and if you act quickly today(the promo expires later today)you can get 10% off with TAKE10 off HERE

if you want to know what it sounds like....check this out

Listening now to stereo only SACD Best Of Scorpions. Pretty good, not your later classic Scorpions but some really good tunes. Stereo SACD sounds great, very open, great mix between speakers, solid. Best if you warm up on something first as this is loud rock music and ears need a few minutes to break in, I suggest lower volume and then at track 6 let her rip.
811ygMQ21ZL._SX522_.jpg

GOS 3.0, has slipped a bit to GOS 2.9

I guess I had forgotten I had 2 orders of the Scorpions Greatest Hits on SACD ordered......
I had purchased from Amazon (and already received it couple weeks ago) and got it for $1 since I had points to apply.
Unfortunately, I had also ordered from ImportCD way back and since it was part of a multi-product order, it slid under my radar....

Received it a couple days ago....left it wrapped obviously. I guess I just need to return it...unless someone here has some interest in a very fair price. :)

GOS 3.0, has slipped a bit to GOS 2.9

I guess I had forgotten I had 2 orders of the Scorpions Greatest Hits on SACD ordered......
I had purchased from Amazon (and already received it couple weeks ago) and got it for $1 since I had points to apply.
Unfortunately, I had also ordered from ImportCD way back and since it was part of a multi-product order, it slid under my radar....

Received it a couple days ago....left it wrapped obviously. I guess I just need to return it...unless someone here has some interest in a very fair price. :)

Well I do like Scorpions 70s but the shipment is always a factor, living in Sweden. How is the bass? Kevin is a great enginer but he gets a bit bass shy at times.

Back